Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Facts about carpal tunnel syndrome, including the causes and symptoms.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Fibromyalgia Facts about fibromyalgia, including the symptoms and conditions.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Carolyn S Connelly
Dr. Carolyn S Connelly, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Tampa, FL. She has 34 years of experience. Her specialties include Internal Medicine and Rheumatology. Dr. Connelly is affiliated with St Joseph's Children's Hospital of Tampa. Dr. Connelly has received 1 award. She speaks English.
Dr. Carolyn S Connelly has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
A rheumatologist is a physician who has received extensive training in diagnosing and treating rheumatic conditions. Rheumatic conditions involve the joints, soft tissues, autoimmune system, vascular system, and connective tissues.
Some of the conditions that rheumatologists treat are rheumatoid arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, gout, sarcoidosis, vasculitis, and lupus. These are all conditions that involve a lot of pain and make mobility difficult. Rheumatologists use medications, such as analgesics, NSAIDs, steroids, DMARDs, infliximab, and adalimumab, as well as occupational therapy, in order to decrease pain and improve a patient's quality of life.
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Rheumatic Diseases
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 23
I'm lucky to have many great doctors, each with their own merits. Even within that context, my visit with Dr. Connelly was outstanding. There was no wait time and the staff was friendly and efficient.Dr. Connelly was prompt, kind and a good listener. She quickly determined she was not the right doctor to address my ailment (I had been referred to her), but was able to make a diagnosis.She then followed up with several calls to several colleagues to determine the best referral.Finally, she called me in person to confirm the referral.Amazing. I felt like I was her only patient and a top priority.
Dr. Connelly is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
34 Years Experience
University Of Florida College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1984
University Of Kentucky Medical Center
Dr. Carolyn S Connelly accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- Florida Blue BlueSelect
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsLocicero Medical Group, 2919 W Swann Ave Ste 404, Tampa, FL
Dr. Carolyn S Connelly is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Tampa, FL.