Dr. Carolyn Hendricks Is this you?

2.6

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. Carolyn Hendricks?

Carolyn Hendricks

I have never seen such an professional doctor in my entire life. She never wanted to listen to what I had to say it was always what she wanted. I would not recommend anyone going to her for help.

Breast cancer survivor

Dr. Hendricks had no bed side manners, was rude, and ALWAYS late. My appointment would be at 9:30 AM and come to find out she doesn't comes in until 10 AM. She then takes another 15-20 minutes in her office drinking coffee and looking over your file because she no idea who you are. 45 minutes wasted. My visits with her were no more than 5 - 10 minutes. I was never told what to expect during my chemo therapy. I learned that hair fell out after a few weeks, only because my hair began falling off my head in chunks at work. I was terrified, No, I would not recommend this doctor to anyone at any time.

Worst Experience Ever With a Doctor

I don't usually review doctors online, but I feel I must speak up about my experience with Dr. Hendricks. A breast cancer diagnosis of any kind is stressful enough, but to be treated rudely, dismissed, and not have reasonable questions answered makes the whole experience much worse. I saw Dr. Hendricks' name on the Washington's Top Doctors List and thought she would be an excellent choice, but I left my appointment wondering, "What on earth just happened there?" After going home and bursting into tears, I've decided it's not worth my time. I'll find somebody with some compassion and patience.

Poor listener, her mind is made up before you are seen, dismissive

I would NOT recommend her to family or friend.

Staff lovely.... Dr. Disappointing

Lovely staff.... After a diagnosis of triple negative breast cancer at first she was great. Had many issues with chemo. Dr. Hendericks became very negative and somewhat rude. I had to seek treatment at another facility. I am thankful to her staff only for seeing something was wrong during treatment... And then to my husband for his perseverance in seeking treatment elsewhere. She was not a good fit for my situation.

Uncaring, Dismissive

I saw Dr. Hendricks to discuss post-radiation treatment after BC. I had some questions and reservations about follow-up medicines. She became immeidately cold, rude, and dismissive of both my questions and my condition, saying "i thought you were ready to start", that my early stage BC wasn't really cancer, and that i should decide what i want. "if you want to start treatment, come back" she said as she took some informational papers i had and threw them on the counter behind her.

After an emergency hospital stay (5 days), Dr. Hendricks did not even return a call to provide additional info on the diagnosis OR stop by the hospital (5 minutes from her office). Her staff stated she is not "connected" with and does not come to the hospital, although Suburban's website and hers indicate she is.We decided to change oncologists, as we expect more from a doctor than what was provided.

Outstanding Bedside manner

She has an outstanding bedside manner. She takes her time to answer all of your questions and thoroughly explain your diagnosis and your options. She is very knowledgeable about her field, and is a great comfort during a very difficult and trying time dealing with a diagnosis of breast cancer.

So brilliant yet so disappointing...

She is nice and very smart when you first meet her. You don't see her again until you are done with all chemo treatments. She is rushed during the appointments, she tends to be "short" if you question her in any way, verging on RUDE and lacking compassion! When she showes her true colors, you see it's all about the $$$.

The worst doctor experience - made me cry

She would not listen to what I had to say. I couldn't even get my questions out. When I said I didn't want chemotherapy due to concerns because of another medical condition, she got angry. Her explanation for every procedures seemed to be that "that is what the standard treatment is" but she gave me no reasoning. Needless to say, I got a second opinion. I do NOT recommend her. She viewed me as a statistic, not as a human being. I am not in the business of rating people or posting in public web sites. This is how strongly I feel in this case.

Exactly what I needed

Dr. Hendricks and her staff are knowledgeable, caring and accessible...my experience as a patient has been positive.

Dr. Carolyn Hendricks is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Bethesda, MD.