Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Carolyn A Kimura has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
Dr. Carolyn A Kimura has the following 12 expertise
- Bipolar Disorder
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Mood Disorders
- Depressive Disorder
- Personality Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Mental Illness
Dr. Carolyn A Kimura has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Carolyn A Kimura is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 7
I saw Dr. Kimura about 15 years ago after a suicide attempt. She had a blank slate from me as I had no prior attempts and had seen no psychiatrists prior to that time. I don't remember how many months I saw her, it was likely 6 to 10 months. She diagnosed me as bipolar and I was angry and hid that diagnosis from everyone. I did not want to be labeled with such a "problematic" diagnosis. She eventually dropped me for not showing up for a visit. I was devastated. The hard part about agoraphobia and depression is that getting out of the house and keeping appointments is extremely hard, and I had done great considering my history. I took it very personal when I got a letter in the mail informing me that they had dropped me as a patient after missing a 2nd appointment in a large number of months.Fast forward 15 years. Another overdose. Hospitalization required this time. Hospitilized for 12 days. Again, another blank slate. Hadn't seen a psychiatrist since Dr. Kimura in more than 15 years. I said nothing about what she had said. Their diagnosis? Bipolar and agoraphobia with anxiety disorder. It appears Dr. Kimura had hit the nail on the head 15 years ago. If I had just found another doctor and continued to receive help instead of shutting down, I would be a lot further in my recovery instead of starting over. I give her a gold star for diagnosis and a thumbs down for her patient policies (but that was 15 years ago)...hopefully things have changed for the better since then.
36 Years Experience
Loma Linda University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1982
Lac Usc Medical Center
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsCarolyn Aiko Kimura Md, 5910 Clark Rd Ste W, Paradise, CA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Carolyn A Kimura in this video.
Dr. Carolyn A Kimura is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Paradise, CA.