Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Schizophrenia Facts about schizophrenia, including the different types.
- Tardive Dyskinesia Facts about Tardive Dyskinesia, including symptoms and treatment
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Carolyn King
Dr. Carolyn King, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Grand Rapids, MI, with other offices in Grand Rapids, MI and Grand Rapids, MI . She has 20 years of experience. Her specialties include Psychiatry. Dr. King is affiliated with Mercy Health Partners- General Campus, Pine Rest Christian Mental Health Services and Saint Mary's Health Care. She speaks English.
Dr. Carolyn King has the following 1 specialty
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
Showing 5 of 6
Dr. King is absolutely and totally incompetent. Her license to practice should be revoked. She lacks knowledge about medications and their effects. Dr. King's diagnosis is lame at best. She did not complete a proper psychological analysis before making a diagnosis. On top of this, she is rude and insensitive.
Dr. King is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Mercy Health Partners- General Campus
Pine Rest Christian Mental Health Services
Saint Mary's Health Care
20 Years Experience
Wayne State University
Graduated in 1993
Dr. Carolyn King accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Carolyn King is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Grand Rapids, MI.