Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Alopecia Alopecia facts; different types of hair loss & what can cause it.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Facelift Facts about facelifts, including the different types of procedures.
- Facial Wrinkles and Lines Find out what causes facial wrinkles and lines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Carolyn S Lee has the following 3 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
A nephrologist is a physician who is specially trained to diagnose and treat conditions affecting the kidneys or renal system.
A nephrologist will determine through urine analysis, blood test, X-ray, sonogram, or kidney biopsy how well the kidneys are functioning and will then prescribe a special diet and exercise program, medication or dialysis - a process by which a machine filters the blood when the kidney is no longer capable of doing so.
A dermatologist is a doctor who has extensive training and knowledge of the skin, scalp, hair and nails and treats conditions that affect those areas. These doctors will evaluate any abnormality, blemish or lesion on the skin in order to determine the cause and will determine a course of treatment.
Dermatologists provide patients with full body scans in order to identify any signs that are indicative of an illness that requires treatment, such as skin cancer. These specialists may also provide cosmetic services, such as mole removal, scar diminishing treatments and even botox and face lifts.
- Skin Cancer
- Basal Cell
- Skin Biopsy
- Actinic Keratosis
- Acne (Acne Vulgaris)
- Acne Rosacea
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 4 of 4
She spent a great deal of times to explain everything to me; answer all my questions to my satisfactory. I was very pleased with the outcome. I believe that only in an excellent teaching hospital such as Stanford, doctors with her ability exist. I was very lucky to have a doctor like Dr. Lee. I will recommend her highly to others.
I wasn't initially going to write a review, but after reading the above review, I have to say that I strongly disagree. Dr. Lee has clearly had experience in working with patients to properly diagnose them. Her bedside manner was impeccable and she was very patient as I explained everything during my appointment with her. It was refreshing to actually sit with a doctor that wasn't trying to rush you back out the door. The only hiccup I had was scheduling my appointment at the clinic, but that is in no way any reflection of her as a doctor.
12 Years Experience
Georgetown University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2006
Dr. Carolyn S Lee accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsVa Palo Alto Healthcare System, 3801 Miranda Ave, Palo Alto, CA
Dr. Carolyn S Lee is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Palo Alto, CA.