Vitals cannot verify whether or not this professional is currently practicing. We recommend that you attempt to contact the provider to verify their status. Please email us at email@example.com if you have any additional information.
Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent
Facts about coronary artery angioplasty with stent, including who needs it, risks involved, and what type of doctors perform the procedure.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- High Cholesterol Facts about high cholesterol, including risk factors for getting it.
- Pulmonary Hypertension Facts about pulmonary hypertension, including the causes and symptoms.
- Thromboembolism Facts about thromboembolism, including causes, symptoms, and risks.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Carolyn Reed
Dr. Carolyn Reed, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Charleston, SC, with another office in Charleston, SC. She has 36 years of experience. Her specialties include Thoracic Surgery. Dr. Reed is affiliated with Medical University Of South Carolina, Ralph H. Johnson Veterans Affairs Medical Center and Ralph Henry Johnson Va Medical Center. She speaks English.
Dr. Carolyn Reed has the following 1 specialty
- Thoracic Surgery
If you need surgery to treat a complication in your chest, which includes your lungs, esophagus, diaphragm and heart, your doctor will refer you to a thoracic surgeon. They’re trained to offer surgical treatment for tumors and abnormalities in these areas as well as respiratory and heart conditions like lung cancer, heart disease and diseases in the diaphragm.
Thoracic surgeons are similar to heart surgeons, except they have additional training in the entire cardiorespiratory system and in how your blood vessels work with your lungs and airways. They’re also trained on catheters used in the chest, as well as cardiac and respiratory support systems that might be part of your treatment plan.
Dr. Carolyn Reed has the following 17 expertise
- Endoscopy (Endoscopic Surgery)
- Esophagus Cancer (Esophogeal Neoplasm)
- Glandular Cancer (Adenocarcinoma)
- Lung Cancer
- Lung Cancer (Bronchial Neoplasm)
- Lung Cancer (Non-Small-Cell Lung Carcinoma)
- Neoplasm Invasiveness
- Obstructive Lung Diseases
- Occupational Asthma (Extrinsic Allergic Alveolitis or Hypersensitivity Pneumotitis)
- Pneumonectomy (Lung removal)
- Squamous Cell Carcinoma
Dr. Carolyn Reed has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 5
Dr. Reed is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Medical University Of South Carolina
Ralph H. Johnson Veterans Affairs Medical Center
Ralph Henry Johnson Va Medical Center
Medical University of South Carolina Medical Center
Medical University Hospital Authority
Musc Medical Center
Medical University Of South Carolina
36 Years Experience
University of Rochester
Graduated in 1977
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Carolyn Reed in this video.
Dr. Carolyn Reed is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Charleston, SC.