Dr. Carolynn Young Is this you?

3.6

Have you seen Dr. Carolynn Young?

Awesome doc!!

Posted on July 21st, 2013

I was referred to dr. Young from 3 clients of mine. I own a salon. I love this Dr! I found her compassionate and very willing to help me and my situation. I was given options and went with the least aggressive method. If this doesn't help then I know my option and can plan. I found her staff extremely helpful and sweet all the time. I Even called once 3 times in a row and never felt like I was annoying Sara. It's unfortunate some of the reviews. I have already r easy 're gr8 erred other people and highly recommend dr. Young and trust her with my life!!

forget about it!

Posted on May 15th, 2012

Seriously you can get better surgeon then her. Someone who return calls and follows up with you after surgery. I DO NOT RECOMMEND DR. YOUNG. She did not spend enough time with me after surgery to explain the outcome and she didn't show any care about my concerns or try to address them. For you better get another surgeon.

Doctor's Response

I find this comment very upsetting. I try to spend time with each patient both before and after surgery addressing their specific questions or concerns. I think that perhaps there was a communication barrier. I would be happy to answer additional questions, either over the phone, by secure email, or during an office visit. To the patient that posted this comment, I extend my apologies. Dr. Young

RUSHED INTO UNNECESSARY HYSTERECTOMY

Posted on December 20th, 2011

Dr. Young made it seem that the only cure for my fibroids was a hysterectomy. She did not give me all the other options when I asked her if there were any. Essentially she conned me into an unnecessary hysterectomy. When I became very unhappy that I had had this surgery and asked her to more fully explain why I had been rushed into this hysterectomy she and her nurse Cynthia became ruder and ruder to me and eventually Young sent me a registered letter saying she could no longer be my doctor! In addition, Dr. Young also gave me an abdominal hernia because of the surgery I had with her that she failed to diagnose for over a year despite the fact that I kept telling her that I had pains in that area.It was a curse that I had fibroids but it was even worse luck that I trusted Dr. Young.

Doctor's Response

The patient who posted this had a very complex situation, and we discussed alternatives to hysterectomy prior to making the decision to proceed with this treatment. The decision to have a hysterectomy was made by the patient after she was fully informed of all possible options. Dr. Young

Excellent doctor

Posted on November 10th, 2011

Dr. Young is an EXCELLENT doctor. She takes time to explain what she is going to do, why she needs to do it, then your options for the future. Very gentle and patient. Best ob/gyn I've had so far (out of 3 in my lifetime). Definitely would recommend for those who are apprehensive about visiting the gynecologist's office.

Great Doctor

Posted on June 10th, 2011

I love Dr. Young! She is extremely intelligent and explains everything in detail. She teaches about my issues and makes me comfortable. I have followed her from all her practices and by far her office staff is the best! If you need information her nurse Cinthia is a sweetheart. Dr. Young and Cinthia get back to me quickly with my results and with prescriptions. They make my office visits such a wonderful experience.

Posted on January 17th, 2011

Dr. Young carried me through an extremely dfficult pregnancy, both physically and emotionally. Without her caring and competent care, my daughter would not be here. I follow her to every practice she has moved to.

Good GYN in Rockville, MD

Posted on October 19th, 2010

I have been going to Dr. Young for several years and find her very caring and competent. She also follows up quickly with lab results and answers to questions you might have. Similar to comments by others, I would agree that the apathy/attitude of the office staff and longer waiting time once in the office to see her are negatives; however, the very good care (which is most important) she provides makes me keep her as my gyn.

Posted on December 12th, 2016