Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Facts about carpal tunnel syndrome, including the causes and symptoms.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Fibromyalgia Facts about fibromyalgia, including the symptoms and conditions.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Carrie A Edelman has the following 2 specialties
A rheumatologist is a physician who has received extensive training in diagnosing and treating rheumatic conditions. Rheumatic conditions involve the joints, soft tissues, autoimmune system, vascular system, and connective tissues.
Some of the conditions that rheumatologists treat are rheumatoid arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, gout, sarcoidosis, vasculitis, and lupus. These are all conditions that involve a lot of pain and make mobility difficult. Rheumatologists use medications, such as analgesics, NSAIDs, steroids, DMARDs, infliximab, and adalimumab, as well as occupational therapy, in order to decrease pain and improve a patient's quality of life.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Carrie A Edelman has the following 9 expertise
- Rheumatic Diseases
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
Showing 5 of 33
I have tried calling the office for several days during the morning and afternoon work hours. The message says, "all lines are busy, call back," no option to leave a message. During lunch, a different message comes on, also not allowing to leave a voicemail. What happens if someone is having an urgent issue? I am merely trying to confirm an appointment time, but cannot do even that.
The staff is very friendly and helpful. Dr. Edelman is kind, attentive, empathetic, and takes the necessary time with you to get the whole story. She listens. She is gentle knowing you're already in pain and validates that fact. I had the best experience with her, and trust that she'll get to the bottom of my pain issues.
Went to see her for what I thought was arthritis in my wrist. Saw her three times over three months. She was rude, gave me false information, sneared at me and did absolutely nothing for me except waste my time. I was almost in tears when I left and in pain still!. She treated me so badly that she even waived the office fee. I will never go back to her or refer her to anyone!! Horrible Experience. I thought the first two times she was just having a bad day or it was just her demeanor. I was correct. IT IS HER DEMEANOR!!!
22 Years Experience
State University Of New York Downstate Medical Center College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1996
Temple University Health System
Dr. Carrie A Edelman accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
HIP of NY
- Emblem HIP Select PPO
- Horizon BCBS OMNIA - TIER2
- Horizon Direct Access
- Horizon HMO
- Horizon OMNIA
- Horizon POS
- Horizon PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Health Garden State
- Oxford Liberty
- Oxford Metro
- QualCare HMO
- QualCare PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsBoyan Jaharian Edelman Carolan, 1640 Route 88 Ste 203, Brick, NJ
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Carrie A Edelman in this video.
Dr. Carrie A Edelman is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Brick, NJ.