Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Carrie A Link
Dr. Carrie A Link, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Minneapolis, MN. She has 11 years of experience. Her specialties include Family Medicine. Dr. Link is affiliated with Fairview Range Medical Center, University of Minnesota Medical Center, Fairview East Bank and University Of Minnesota Masonic Childrens Hospital. She speaks English.
Dr. Carrie A Link has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Carrie A Link has the following 6 expertise
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
Dr. Carrie A Link is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 4 of 4
I have had excellent encounters with Dr. Link. It feels rare to make such a good connection with a primary medicine physician. The only negative is that many people feel this way about her! She is often booked out for weeks for an appointment. Worth the wait but that's why I said ease of appt was below average
GLBT ally - with acute awareness for individuals in the T community. As part of the T community, I personally have never been comfortable with doctors and tend to find my experiences less than positive. Dr Link removed the barriers I had and I am now happy to have her, not only as my regular doctor, but as a partner in my health care. Ease of Appt: I tend to book appts a couple of weeks in advance so have not had any issue. However, I'm told that she does book up fast so same day appts might be tough. Hasn't affected me yet though and I don't feel like docking somebody a rating because they're SO POPULAR that their books fill quickly is approriate. Bedside manner: Excellent. I have seen her 3 times and have never felt rushed or like a 2nd priority. When she's with you in the room, she's clearly with YOU.
Dr. Link is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
11 Years Experience
University Of Minnesota Medical School
Graduated in 2007
Dr. Carrie A Link accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- BCBS MN Blue Cross Accord
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Preferred One PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Medica Choice
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsSmileys Family Medicine Clinic, 2020 E 28th St, Minneapolis, MN
Dr. Carrie A Link is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Minneapolis, MN.