Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Facts about carpal tunnel syndrome, including the causes and symptoms.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Fibromyalgia Facts about fibromyalgia, including the symptoms and conditions.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Carrie Mihordin
Dr. Carrie Mihordin, DO is a Doctor primarily located in Carrollton, MO, with other offices in Leawood, KS and Norwich, CT . She has 9 years of experience. Her specialties include Internal Medicine and Rheumatology. Dr. Mihordin is affiliated with Menorah Medical Center and John Dempsey Hospital Of The University Of Connecticut Health Center. She speaks English.
Book Online Now
Dr. Carrie Mihordin has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
A rheumatologist is a physician who has received extensive training in diagnosing and treating rheumatic conditions. Rheumatic conditions involve the joints, soft tissues, autoimmune system, vascular system, and connective tissues.
Some of the conditions that rheumatologists treat are rheumatoid arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, gout, sarcoidosis, vasculitis, and lupus. These are all conditions that involve a lot of pain and make mobility difficult. Rheumatologists use medications, such as analgesics, NSAIDs, steroids, DMARDs, infliximab, and adalimumab, as well as occupational therapy, in order to decrease pain and improve a patient's quality of life.
Dr. Carrie Mihordin has the following 5 expertise
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Rheumatic Diseases
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
Dr. Carrie Mihordin is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 1 of 2
Welcome change of pace
Self-verified patient of Dr. Carrie Mihordin - Posted on September 25th, 2013
After a month of runarounds and referrals to other doctors (and bill$) I was ready to give up in frustration with doctors who don't look you in the eye, barely speak to you in full sentences, don't ask for your symptoms and treat you like an inconvenience. She was professional, considerate and VERY THOROUGH in her examination. No answers just yet, but I walked out of the office feeling confident that someone was actually listening to me.
Dr. Mihordin is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Menorah Medical Center
John Dempsey Hospital Of The University Of Connecticut Health Center
9 Years Experience
Nova Southeastern University
Graduated in 2004
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions
Dr. Carrie Mihordin is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Carrollton, MO.