Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Cary Cummings III
Dr. Cary Cummings III, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Harrisburg, PA. He has 42 years of experience. His specialties include Nephrology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Cummings is affiliated with Holy Spirit Hospital A Geisinger Affiliate. Dr. Cummings has received 3 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Cary Cummings III has the following 2 specialties
A nephrologist is a physician who is specially trained to diagnose and treat conditions affecting the kidneys or renal system.
A nephrologist will determine through urine analysis, blood test, X-ray, sonogram, or kidney biopsy how well the kidneys are functioning and will then prescribe a special diet and exercise program, medication or dialysis - a process by which a machine filters the blood when the kidney is no longer capable of doing so.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Chronic Renal Disease
- End Stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Critical Care
- Kidney Biopsy
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
Showing 5 of 15
Best doctor I have ever found. He is amazing. He has always provided me and my family with wonderful medical care and has arranged appointments for us with specialits in other fields when necessary. I would never use another physician and I would recommend him to anyone needing a caring, intelligent, compassionate, kind doctor. He is the best!
Dr. Cummings is a remarkable physician. He will do anything for his patients. His is incredibly intelligent and always has the answers...or sends you to a specialist to get them! He is gentle, kind, thougtful,funny and caring and my entire family absolutely adores him. His staff is delightful. He has a great team behind him and we would never consider going anywhere else. God bless Dr. Cummings!
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011, 2012)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2015, 2014)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2011, 2012)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Cummings is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
42 Years Experience
Meharry Medical College
Graduated in 1976
Strong Memorial Hospital
Dr. Cary Cummings III accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Capital Blue Cross
- Capital BC Keystone Health Plan Central HMO
- Capital BC PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica HMO
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- First Health PPO
Geisinger Health Plan
- Geisinger Health Plan
- Highmark Community Blue PPO
- Highmark PPOBlue
- Multiplan PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsCummings Associates Pc, 1617 N Front St, Harrisburg, PA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Cary Cummings III in this video.
Dr. Cary Cummings III is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Harrisburg, PA.