3.6

Have you seen Dr. Cary R Templin?

Great Surgeon, nurse -5 stars

Dr Templin is an awesome surgeon, however, his nurse is very unfriendly!

Super Doc

The experience I had with Dr. Templin was the best that I have had in a long time. He accommodated the procedure to meet my needs and made me feel like I could call him anytime I need to have a question asked. (which I did many times) Professional, courteous and a wonderful human being.

BEWARE OF THE LIES!!!!!

I saw Dr. Templin he was a nice guy, the staff was very nice. pain and all he said my procedure is simple and guaranteed that my pain would be gone after the surgery. After I had my surgery I had relief but, I still have pain since the surgery I figured at first it was just the muscles that were sore. Now mind you I'm now 10 months post op still have pain Dr. Templin couldn't explain why I still had pain made me feel like it was in my head and told me " everything he did is good there's nothing wrong", yet I still need my pain meds. Dr. Templin at that same appointment released me. Found out that I have a buldging disc above where the surgery was that Dr. Templin performed yet when he looked at the MRI he could clearly see there was a buldging disc and didn't say anything. I had to go see another Dr and show the new Dr the MRI that was given to Dr. Templin and it clearly shows the buldging disc. Yet the new Dr picked it out right away. Wouldn't trust Dr. Templin to do any surgery on anyone.

Cares about money, not patients

Dr. Templin recently performed surgery on my spine following an injury at work. He was recommended by the lawyer I went to for my workers compensation case. At first, I felt comfortable with him since he had trained at Northwestern and he seemed confident about my procedure. He was also pretty nice. However things went downhill from there. Although I wanted to have my surgery at Presence Hospital where he is on staff, Dr. Templin insisted on taking me to a place called Illinois Orthopedic Network or ION for short. A dear family friend who is a general surgeon warned me that this place did not have the state license or recognized certification which most insurers or even Medicare would require. My family friend described the center as basically a "chop shop" for high cost cases covered under workers compensation and that it bribes lawyers to send their injured clients there as well as doctors to operate on patients at the facility. I expressed my concern to Dr. Templin and told him I would feel a lot more comfortable going to Presence or Advocate where he is on staff, but he was insistent that he "needed" to take me to ION because that was the deal with ION and my lawyer for getting me as a patient! My lawyer then began to harass me about complaining and was angry I had told the doctor who is a family friend. He threatened to "fire" me as his client and said that Dr. Templin might also unfavorably review my injury. In the end, I was scared and went through with the operation and so far I am ok but I truly suffered from the stress of this ordeal. This is not how doctors should practice.

Back Surgery

I have suffered with a bulging disc that was pressing on a nerve that gave mt electrical shocks in my groin and leg. I saw other doctors and they told me to just live with it! I went to see Dr. Templin and he showed me on the MRI what my issue was and how he could help me. I am 4 weeks out of surgery and doing GREAT. I can not say enough good things about Dr. Templin, he was literally an answer to prayer!

Very unhappy with my visit. From the very first call to the office.Receptionist got my name n information wrong,new patient appointment girl was rude. Dr was not compassionate or seemed to care about my pain and condition, could not nit explain why I was having back spasms. I left in tears and very frustrated. Do not recommend this office ir Dr

Extremely Intelligent and Professional Physician

Having been in the medical field for 31years I can assure you that the care received by Dr. Templin, Kelly his PA and his Medical Assistant Melissa is exemplary. I cannot thank them enough for their kindness and understanding as well as the exceptional care received. From the front desk to the billing department, medical staff, his secretary, they all go above and beyond.

There was no follow-up after visit. I have never had a follow-up after a visit from any doctor affiliated with Hinsdale Orthopedics nor any other physician from any other facility.

Miracle Worker

Dr. Templin is a miracle worker, I have suffered with back issues for a number of years. I had surgery 2 months ago and my back hasn't felt this good in years. Dr. Templin has a great bedside manner and you can tell by talking to him that he enjoys what he does it is not just a job to him. I can't say enough good about him!

Excellent Doctor

Dr. Templin did a lumber fusion on my spine 7 months ago. It has worked wonders on getting me moving around again. My pain has decreased about 90% since the surgery. He is an incredible doctor with a fantastic bedside manor.

caring

Awesome and Caring doctor

Had a lumbar fusion with Dr. Templin, surgery was great recovery has been great!! Very kind and willing to answer all questions, both in the office and at the hospital. Truly caring about his patients!

Dr. Cary R Templin is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Joliet, IL.