Learn about the symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Menorrhagia Facts about menorrhagia; causes, symptoms, and doctors who treat it.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Caryl G Mussenden
Dr. Caryl G Mussenden, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Lanham, MD. She has 43 years of experience. Her specialties include Gynecology and Obstetrics & Gynecology. Dr. Mussenden is affiliated with MedStar Southern Maryland Hospital Center and Inova Fairfax Hospital. Dr. Mussenden has received 4 awards. She speaks English.
Dr. Caryl G Mussenden has the following 2 specialties
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Breast Exam
- Cosmetic Surgery (Aesthetic Procedures)
- Women's Health
- Menstrual Pain
- Pap Smear
- Overweight Related Conditons
- Birth Control
- Liposuction (Lipectomy)
- Overactive Urinary Bladder
- Hot Flashes
- Pelvic Exam
Showing 5 of 55
I have been a patient of Dr. Mussenden since 2003. Her bedside manner is the absolute BEST!!! Any question(s) you may have; she will be more than willing to answer. Her staff is so courteous and graciously helps you book appointments and directs your thoughout the office. She has been with me through the birth of my daughter and even when she no longer continued her OB practice, she remained my Gynecologist. I think she is a great Doctor, a wonderful woman and a well rounded person. She is no longer (for the last 3 years) in my in-network under my current insurance, but I continue to pay the expense to make sure I receive the best treatment! Simply put...I trust her and the bedside mannermakes it even easier!!!
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014, 2010, 2012, 2015, 2011)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2016, 2008, 2015, 2011, 2014, 2009, 2012, 2010)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Patients' Choice 5th Anniversary Award (2012)
The Patients' Choice Award - 5 Year Honoree is a recognition granted only to those doctors whose ratings have reflected excellence in care for five years in a row. Only 1% of all doctors in the United States are bestowed this honor by their patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2016, 2015, 2014)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Mussenden is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
43 Years Experience
Howard University College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1975
Georgetown University Medical Center
Dr. Caryl G Mussenden accepts the following insurance providers.
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Southern Health PPO
- First Health PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsCaryl Mussenden Md, 9811 Greenbelt Rd, Lanham, MD
Dr. Caryl G Mussenden is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Lanham, MD.