Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Caryn F Fine
Dr. Caryn F Fine, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Minneapolis, MN. She has 31 years of experience. Her specialties include Gastroenterology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Fine is affiliated with Fairview Ridges Hospital, Abbott Northwestern Hospital and Mayo Clinic Health System New Prague Hospital. Dr. Fine has received 2 awards. She speaks English.
Dr. Caryn F Fine has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Abdominal Pain
- Hepatitis C
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Celiac Disease
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Ulcerative Colitis
Showing 5 of 26
In May of 2000, I was diagnosed with an acute case of Ulcerative Colitis in the state of Georgia. I moved to Minnesota, where I saw Dr. Fine of Minnesota Gastroenterology. She ordered a full colonoscopy and confirmed the diagnosis. She went on maternity leave and I didn't see her again until 2009, where only 7 years later she is ordering another colonoscopy, stating that she needs to see which condition she's trating.Due to cost and the fact that I'm not due for another colonoscopy for 3 years, I refuse to submit to the procedure. This is the doctor who said it would be 10 years after the initial procedure that I would be due for another.She is refusing to refill a prednisone prescription and I am continuing to expell blood in larger amounts every day since my prescription ran out.She indicates that the colonoscopy is required to see what condition is being treated, when she diagnosed it already and refuses to further explain. With her refusal to explain comes my ultimate refusal to submit to this costly procedure 3 years in advance.I'll be looking into a more formal method of complaint.
Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
On-Time Doctor Award (2016, 2015)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Fine is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
31 Years Experience
University Of Pittsburgh School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1987
Presbyterian University Hospital
Dr. Caryn F Fine accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- BCBS MN Blue Cross Accord
- BCBS MN BluePrint
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
HealthPartners - MN
- HealthPartners MN CareChoices
- HealthPartners MN CentraChoice
- HealthPartners MN Distinctions II
- HealthPartners Open Access
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Medica Fairview and N Memorial Vantage
- Preferred One PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Medica Choice
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsMinnesota Gastroenterology, 15700 37th Ave N Ste 300, Minneapolis, MN
Dr. Caryn F Fine is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Minneapolis, MN.