Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Caryn K Slack has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Showing 5 of 24
Awful dr. I will never go back. I left humiliated. I have suffered from depression and anxiety for over 15 years. When she walked in she ridiculed me for crying and saying we need to get you on something to fix this craziness. I was shocked. I filed a complaint with the CEO and they are taking it to the medical board also. I still don't have my medication she prescribed 2.5 weeks ago. She didn't give the insurance the right information so they keep denying it. The staff and her never returns phone calls. I'm now going to see a new dr so I can finally get some real help! Avoid this dr go elsewhere!!!
i felt that she was very un-concered about the problems my newborn son was having, she went as far as to tell me it was my desire to nurse my son that was the problem and he was not gaining weight b/c of me. I took my son in again when his condition got worse only to be told to switch formulas again. 2 days later i was in the ER with my 4 wk old son only to be told we needed to go to PCMC so he could have surgery for his condition (pyloric stenosis). Dr Slack was notified and did call me at the hospital only to say "wow how crazy is that, who'd have thought it was that serious, sorry we didn't catch it sooner". I removed my son from her practice and transfered him to another dr who has been great. I would not reccomend Dr. Slack to anyone - there are so many other dr's out there that will actually take the time to listen, acknowledge your concerns and not just brush you off as a "in-experienced" new mom!!!!
18 Years Experience
University of Minnesota, Twin Cities
Graduated in 2000
Dr. Caryn K Slack accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions8846 S Redwood Rd, West Jordan, UT
Dr. Caryn K Slack is similar to the following 3 Doctors near West Jordan, UT.