Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Menorrhagia Get the facts about menorrhagia, including the causes, symptoms, and doctors who treat it.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Catharine Schmitt
Dr. Catharine Schmitt, MD, FACOG is a Doctor primarily located in Owensboro, KY, with another office in Owensboro, KY. She has 37 years of experience. Her specialties include Obstetrics and Gynecology. Dr. Schmitt is affiliated with Owensboro Mercy Health System. Dr. Schmitt has received 1 award. She speaks English.
Dr. Catharine Schmitt has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
An obstetrician & gynecologist, or OB/GYN, is a physician who cares for women throughout their pregnancies, straight through to the delivery of their baby (obstetrician). They also specialize in annual care, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of disorders of the female reproductive system (gynecologist). Many physicians specialize in both of these fields in order to provide complete overall health services to women at every stage of life.
Dr. Catharine Schmitt has the following 2 expertise
- Hot Flashes
Dr. Catharine Schmitt is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 5
Dr. Schmitt has been my gynecologist for 29 years. She delivered my daughter. She is excellent in EVERY way. What impresses me most about her is that she has always taken the time to get to know me personally. She never rushes me or makes me feel like another case number! She is excellent and I guarantee you will never find anyone more concerned or professional.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Schmitt is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Owensboro Mercy Health System
37 Years Experience
Graduated in 1976
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions
Dr. Catharine Schmitt is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Owensboro, KY.