Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Catherine C Alcarez
Dr. Catherine C Alcarez, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Atlantic City, NJ, with other offices in Kingston, NY and Atlantic City, NJ . She has 46 years of experience. Her specialties include Nephrology and Internal Medicine. She speaks English.
Dr. Catherine C Alcarez has 3 locations
4401 Ventnor Ave Ste 2
Atlantic City, NJ 08401
Kingston, NY 12401
4401 Ventnor Ave Ste 3
Atlantic City, NJ 08401
Book Online Now
Dr. Catherine C Alcarez has the following 2 specialties
A nephrologist is a physician who is specially trained to diagnose and treat conditions affecting the kidneys or renal system.<br>A nephrologist will determine through urine analysis, blood test, X-ray, sonogram, or kidney biopsy how well the kidneys are functioning and will then prescribe a special diet and exercise program, medication or dialysis - a process by which a machine filters the blood when the kidney is no longer capable of doing so.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.<br>These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Catherine C Alcarez has the following 77 expertise
- Anxiety Disorders
- Fainting (Syncope)
- Dementia Related Behavioral Disorders
- Lipid Disorders
- Pink eye (Conjunctivitis)
- Chest Pain (Angina)
- Lyme Disease
- Polycystic Kidney Disease
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Kidney Failure
- Weight Loss
- Seizure Disorders
- Urinary Retention
- Myasthenia Gravis
- Renal Artery Stenosis
- Kidney Stones (Kidney Calculi)
- Primary Headache Disorders
- Nutritional Support
- Acute Renal Failure (Acute Kidney Failure)
- Sinus Infection (Sinusitis)
- Sprains and Strains
- Ulcerative Colitis
- End Stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Kidney Dialysis (Renal Dialysis)
- Impotence (Vasculogenic Impotence)
- Renal Osteodystrophy
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Skin Rash (Acrodermatitis)
- Trigger Finger Disorder
- Memory Disorders
- Eating Disorders
- Intestinal Diseases
- Kidney Biopsy
- Inflammatory Bowel Diseases (IBD)
- Cerebral Palsy
- Hives (Urticaria)
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Kidney Disease
- Interstitial Nephritis
- Stomach Diseases
- Chronic Renal Disease
- Pancreas inflammation (Pancreatitis)
Dr. Catherine C Alcarez is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 1 of 1
Self-verified patient of Dr. Catherine C Alcarez - Posted on September 15th, 2015
Bridges to Excellence: Physician Office Systems Recognition Program
This program is designed to recognize practices that use information systems to enhance the quality of patient care. To obtain Recognition, practices must demonstrate that they have implemented systematic office
NCQA Patient-Centered Medical Home
The patient-centered medical home is a way of organizing primary care that emphasizes care coordination and communication to transform primary care into what patients want it to be. Medical homes can lead to higher quality and lower costs, and can improve patients' and providers' experience of care.
46 Years Experience
University Of Medicine And Dentistry Of New Jersey Robert Wood Johnson Medical School
Graduated in 1972
Newark Beth Israel Medical Center
Dr. Catherine C Alcarez Accepts the Following Insurance
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP HMO
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
Geisinger Health Plan
- Geisinger Health Plan
HIP of NY
- Emblem HIP Select PPO
- Horizon BCBS OMNIA - TIER1
- Horizon Direct Access
- Horizon HMO
- Horizon OMNIA
- Horizon POS
- Horizon PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Oxford Health Garden State
- Oxford Metro
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
More about Dr. Catherine C Alcarez
Dr. Catherine Alcarez attended Medical School at the Cebu Institute and completed her Fellowship at Newark Beth Israel Medical Center. She is in Internal Medicine. Dr. Alcarez has been practicing medicine since 1989 and has been with AtlantiCare sine 1999.
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Catherine C Alcarez, MD - Nephrology in Atlantic City, NJ, in this video.
Dr. Catherine C Alcarez is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Atlantic City, NJ.