Dr. Catherine Chao Is this you?

3.2

Have you seen Dr. Catherine Chao?

Misdiagnosed

Posted on July 23rd, 2016

I took my son to dr chao to see what was causing his diarrhea. Without asking any questions she diagnosed him as being constapated after simply putting her hand on my sons stomach. She put him on a concoction of powerful drugs that have only made it worse. Recently I decided to take him off the drugs and he is significantly better. She is the worst doctor i have ever been to.

Horrible doctor

Posted on August 1st, 2015

After my son had been experiencing some stomach pain on and of for amonth I decided to dr chao. She said it was constapation/impaction without even examining him or asking any other question. She prescribed my young child (6) a medicine used on adults to completely clean them out before colonoscopys. After two years of this he is now worse than he he started by a long shot.

Posted on December 17th, 2014

Took time to explain my son's problem clearly. I understood the plan. Very happy. Would recommend her highly.

terrible doctor

Posted on September 8th, 2014

Misdiagnosed me, and put me on medication that made it worse. Worst doctor I have ever been to.

Comprehensive and thorough

Posted on June 14th, 2012

Really listened to my daughter's problem. Very thorough workup. Explained reason for tests and test results. Well thought of treatment plan. Took the time to explain to not only me, but my daughter (10 year old) why she was experiencing pain and some ways to help manage to keep her in school.Only complaint is you have to wait 2 months for an appointment. But well worth the wait!

Poor service/treatment!

Posted on February 1st, 2012

The level of care we received for our son after his discharge was atrocious when doing a follow up with this group. The office was completely unprofessional in regards to some of the folks that we spoke with and they were not equipped with supplies or equipment to perform what we set up the appointment for. Their "diagnosis" and "followup" instructions lead to a trip to the ER less then 24 hours after our appointment for intestinal issues.

Recommend to others

Posted on October 19th, 2011

Great!

Posted on July 11th, 2011

We are currently working with her. We didn't wait long at all and my child has special needs so that's important to me. Her nurse was very patient and kind! I went in knowing my child had a gluten problem she mention testing other things as well. The radiologist, she refered us to was EXCELLENT!

Posted on July 30th, 2010

Amazed that she is a "pediatric" specialist since she seems to not like children. She is also very condescending to the parent

Posted on May 19th, 2010

This doctor misdiagnosed my child and discharged him from the hospital. During a follow-up visit she suggested I was a hysterical mother. Later that day I diagnosed him myself through a simple Internet search. He has a devastating neurological disorder that was then confirmed by a pediatric neurologist. Dr. Chao was extremely dismissive of me and my child.

Posted on December 4th, 2017