Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- HIV/AIDS The differences between HIV & AIDS; signs, symptoms & complications.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Shingles Facts about shingles, including symptoms & possible long-term effects.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Catherine Derber
Dr. Catherine Derber, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Norfolk, VA, with other offices in Virginia Beach, VA and Portsmouth, VA (and 2 other locations). She has 14 years of experience. Her specialties include Infectious Disease and Internal Medicine. Dr. Derber is affiliated with Sentara Leigh Hospital, Sentara Norfolk Genl Hosp and Sentara Careplex Hospital. She speaks English.
Dr. Catherine Derber has the following 2 specialties
- Infectious Disease
An infectious disease specialist has specialized training in the diagnosis and treatment of contagious diseases.
Infectious diseases, also known as contagious or transmissible diseases, are those that stem from pathogen from a host organism. These infections may spread to other carriers through physical touch, airborne inhalation, bodily fluids or contaminated foods.
Infectious disease specialists identify whether the disease is caused by bacteria, a virus, a fungus or a parasite often through blood tests and then determine what course of treatment, if any, is necessary.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Catherine Derber has the following 3 expertise
- AIDS/HIV (Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome)
- HIV Infections
- Hepatitis C
Dr. Catherine Derber is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 2 of 2
Dr. Derber is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Sentara Leigh Hospital
Sentara Norfolk Genl Hosp
Sentara Careplex Hospital
Sentara Virginia Beach General Hospital
Sentara Bayside Hospital
Sentara Williamsburg Regional Medical Center
Sentara Obici Hospital
14 Years Experience
Eastern Virginia Medical School
Graduated in 1999
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions
Dr. Catherine Derber is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Norfolk, VA.