Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Catherine Devries
Dr. Catherine Devries, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Salt Lake City, UT. She has 29 years of experience. Her specialties include Urology and Pediatrics. Dr. Devries is affiliated with Primary Children's Medical Center, University of Utah Hospitals & Clinics and Primary Children+s Medical Center. She speaks English.
Dr. Catherine Devries has the following 2 specialties
A urologist is a physician who specializes in diagnosing and treating conditions affecting the male reproductive system, as well as the urinary tracts of both males and females.
These doctors cover the kidneys, ureter, urinary bladder, adrenal glands, urethra, and the male reproductive organs which include the testes, epididymis, vas deferens, seminal vesicles, prostate and penis. Some common disorders that urologists treat are urinary tract infections (UTI), stress incontinence, benign prostatic hyperplasia, kidney stones, erectile dysfunction, kidney cancer, prostate cancer, testicular cancer, and cystitis. These urological specialists also perform vasectomies and vasectomy reversals.
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
Dr. Catherine Devries has the following 1 expertise
- Overactive Urinary Bladder
Dr. Catherine Devries has 2 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Catherine Devries is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 3 of 3
As a pediatric MD, Dr. Devries was wonderful with my small child and made her very comfortable. After diagnosing our urology issue, she offered the traditional possible procedures to help the condition. However, surgery was my last option I wanted to pursue. She actually listened and understood this and then offered some other natural options we could try first. This was refreshing to have a doctor not push an agenda, but actually be sensitive to our family's preference for care.
Dr. Devries is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Primary Children's Medical Center
University of Utah Hospitals & Clinics
Primary Children+s Medical Center
University of Utah Orthopedic Center
29 Years Experience
Stanford University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1984
Ucsd Medical Center
Dr. Catherine Devries accepts the following insurance providers.
- Altius Provider Directory
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Peak Advantage - UT
- Humana Choice POS
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsPrimary Children's Medical Center, 100 N Mario Capecchi Dr, Salt Lake City, UT
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Catherine Devries in this video.
Dr. Catherine Devries is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Salt Lake City, UT.