Dr. Catherine Gerontis Is this you?

3.8

Have you seen Dr. Catherine Gerontis?

Not Happy

Posted on December 5th, 2017

Dear Dr. Gerontis, We are the parents of Anabella D Chan who has been as you know diagnosed with J.I.A and has been under you care since 2014 and under the care of Heather Walters MD as well. In September 20, 2017 after a routine visit with Dr. Walters we physically visited your office to make an appointment for Anabella’s routine eye exam as directed by Dr. Walters. At the time your office staff informed us that the schedule was not available and we would get a reminder when the calendar would become available. We conveyed our concerns to you staff and specifically said Anabella needed a visit prior to her next visit with Dr. Walters on December 29, 2017. When we finally received the reminder in the mail we called your office and we were told there were no appointments available for the rest of the year. Not only are we unable to request appointments ahead of time but, have to endure over one hour waiting time even though we arrive early to our specified appointment time. Each time after the visit is over we kindly ask that the notes be sent to Dr. Walters yet we usually have to call for you to fax over the notes of the exam in Anabella’s next rheumatology appointment. As parents of a child that needs constant medical supervision we feel strongly that the style of care provided by your office is unacceptable. Still this is no surprise to us, as we have been accustomed to rushed appointments while other patients are given adequate exam time. In today’s appointment you treated our daughter without care and without patience and you were rude. You physically showed that you were annoyed by Anabella. My daughter was simply asking questions but, you belittled her and at the same time you offended me. Anabella is only five years old and as far as I know most five year olds are curious and talkative. We are concern parents and we are doing our best to provide the medical care our daughter deserves. We will be taking our business elsewhere and we will be making a formal complain to the New York Department of Health.

Great doctor

Posted on September 26th, 2017

She sees both my kids and we love her!

Posted on March 5th, 2016

My daughter has amblyopia in one eye. We went to her for a second opinion on wearing contacts in both eyes when she was 15 years old. The conclusion and recommendation was good but besides the long wait to see her in the office she came in without introducing herself and had my daughter crying in the office with her bluntness of what could go wrong if her good eye got hurt. My daughter who is a not an emotional child and rarely cries went hysterical crying and the thing that mortified me is she looked up at her while she was crying with no reaction and continued to write her notes. I was upset by her coldness and would never recommend her. My daughter was crying the whole day and asked me and my husband what is she supposed to do with the fear she instilled in my daughter that day. Now she is 17 and hasn't spoken about her situation and will not talk to me about her eyes at all. A little compassion would be nice and a friendlier disposition would make a difference.

GREAT DOCTOR

Posted on January 12th, 2016

I been taking my to kids to her for over 15years. She done eye surgey on both kids. My daughters age out Now i will have to find an adult eye doctor She is the greatest.

Posted on September 15th, 2012

In 2001.....Dr. Gerontis...found and treated our baby grandson's poststeria cataract....surgery was performed...to remove it and implant was put in place...he also suffers from nystigmus...now after wearing thick glasses for 11 years...on his last exam, by Dr Gerontis....he is doing beautifully....his stigmatisim has resolved and he is regular eyeglasses....if not for his early diagnosis he would have lost the sight in that eye.....

Outstanding. Caring. Super with kids.

Posted on February 26th, 2011