Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Catharine H Marshall has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
Dr. Catharine H Marshall has the following 13 expertise
- Hot Flashes
- Overactive Urinary Bladder
- Birth Control
- Pelvic Exam
- Women's Health
- Child Birth
- Menstrual Pain
- Pap Smear
Dr. Catharine H Marshall is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 39
Dr. Catharine Marshall claims to be a specialist, but all she does is refer you to others that actually perform the job and the people she refer you to are completely inadequate. She throws out theories without following up, she is never prepared when she speaks with you, and she is hardly ever in the office but on vacation somewhere. She referred me to a Dr. Pearce at Scripps Hospital to perform a standard HSG test and her office did not bother to send the paperwork on me to Dr. Pearce before beginning the procedure. Dr. Marshall did not even bother to check my paperwork because afterwards she told me I should have had a hormone test and a labtest done before the HSG procedure. When Dr. Pearce was unable to perform the test, after poking me for an hour, Dr. Marshall called me back the next day to discuss. She said I should have had labwork done before the procedure and started rambling about my previous hysterectomy. I haven't even had a hysterectomy. Why would I do the HSG test if I had a hysterectomy. I had a myomectomy. She is sadly not prepared when she speaks with you, nor does she seem to take an interest in your case. Her office staff are completely incompetent. You have to double check their work all the time. If they say they are going to call in a prescription, you have to make sure they do, not one time, but two to three times before they actually do it. After my myomectomy, they failed to call in my pain relievers!! Unacceptable. They also have no idea on how to work with insurance companies so you have to be prepared to do the job yourself. I have no trust in Dr. Catharine Marshall and would not recommend her to anyone. She should be sued for negligence.
Dr. Marshall was friendly and clear on the explanations about my pregnant. Unfortunately she does not follow the pregnancy beyond 12 weeks. But for the first weeks of pregnancy she was very professional, doing all the ultrasounds and blood tests, essential in this period. If there are complications she is a excellent surgeon. Highly recommend!
Dr Marshall and her staff made me feel very cared for. I recently had a robotic hysterectomy and my experience was amazing. My surgery was on Friday. I was able to walk 3 laps around the hospital floor that night. I came home saturday, used my pains meds as instructed although I can't say i had pain - my stomach felt like i did too many sit ups. I relaxed on Sunday switiching to Ibuprofen. I walked a little stooped over because of the stomach tightness. On Monday, 3 days after surgery I am walking upright, feeling 95%, dont feel like I need any medication and am working at my computer feeling awesome. This is an amazing surgery. THank you Dr Marshall and staff for your attention and care.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
22 Years Experience
Loyola University Chicago Stritch School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1996
Dr. Catharine H Marshall accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Trio ACO HMO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Cigna Southern CA Select
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsMarshall Orthopedics, 7300 Girard Ave Ste 204, La Jolla, CA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Catharine H Marshall in this video.
Dr. Catharine H Marshall is similar to the following 3 Doctors near La Jolla, CA.