Dr. Catharine Marshall Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Catharine Marshall?

Good and caring service

Posted on February 22nd, 2017

I've been seeing Dr. Marshall for years and she is kind and cares and obviously knows her stuff.

Excellent physician

Posted on October 17th, 2014

Dr. Marshall has been by OBYN for over 10 years. She looked after me during my two pregnancies and hand delivered my babies. She is very understanding and caring and follows up with any issues, luckily I have not had many. Plus she is a lovely human being.

Worst experience ever

Posted on April 3rd, 2012

Dr. Catharine Marshall claims to be a specialist, but all she does is refer you to others that actually perform the job and the people she refer you to are completely inadequate. She throws out theories without following up, she is never prepared when she speaks with you, and she is hardly ever in the office but on vacation somewhere. She referred me to a Dr. Pearce at Scripps Hospital to perform a standard HSG test and her office did not bother to send the paperwork on me to Dr. Pearce before beginning the procedure. Dr. Marshall did not even bother to check my paperwork because afterwards she told me I should have had a hormone test and a labtest done before the HSG procedure. When Dr. Pearce was unable to perform the test, after poking me for an hour, Dr. Marshall called me back the next day to discuss. She said I should have had labwork done before the procedure and started rambling about my previous hysterectomy. I haven't even had a hysterectomy. Why would I do the HSG test if I had a hysterectomy. I had a myomectomy. She is sadly not prepared when she speaks with you, nor does she seem to take an interest in your case. Her office staff are completely incompetent. You have to double check their work all the time. If they say they are going to call in a prescription, you have to make sure they do, not one time, but two to three times before they actually do it. After my myomectomy, they failed to call in my pain relievers!! Unacceptable. They also have no idea on how to work with insurance companies so you have to be prepared to do the job yourself. I have no trust in Dr. Catharine Marshall and would not recommend her to anyone. She should be sued for negligence.

nice experience!

Posted on December 14th, 2011

Dr. Marshall was friendly and clear on the explanations about my pregnant. Unfortunately she does not follow the pregnancy beyond 12 weeks. But for the first weeks of pregnancy she was very professional, doing all the ultrasounds and blood tests, essential in this period. If there are complications she is a excellent surgeon. Highly recommend!

Kathy

Posted on December 12th, 2011

Dr Marshall and her staff made me feel very cared for. I recently had a robotic hysterectomy and my experience was amazing. My surgery was on Friday. I was able to walk 3 laps around the hospital floor that night. I came home saturday, used my pains meds as instructed although I can't say i had pain - my stomach felt like i did too many sit ups. I relaxed on Sunday switiching to Ibuprofen. I walked a little stooped over because of the stomach tightness. On Monday, 3 days after surgery I am walking upright, feeling 95%, dont feel like I need any medication and am working at my computer feeling awesome. This is an amazing surgery. THank you Dr Marshall and staff for your attention and care.

Compelled to speak up - not a very good doctor!

Posted on September 21st, 2011

This isn't my usual style, but I had such a profoundly bad experience with Dr. Marshall I feel like I need to spread a word of warning. I went in initially to have my IUD removed as I intend to conceive. That was fine, she seemed really nice and my first appointment was overall good. When I was actually pregnant, the problems started. I felt so rushed during visits, and was never asked if I had any questions. In my first appointment where I was pregnant, I bled afterwards which scared the bejesus out of me - and she wouldn't talk to me on the phone, just relayed messages via her staff. In my second appointment while pregnant, she was quite late (I was the first morning appointment), rushed me into the ultrasound room, then just started casually dropping words like "threatened miscarriage" and "possible genetic abnormalities" like it was nothing. This is my first pregnancy so I was left somewhat reeling from the experience. after a much better third visit while pregnant, she informed me that she doesn't actually deliver and do prenatal care beyond the first two months - I was flabbergasted...why wait to tell me that? I was questioning whether *I* was being a demanding pain in the butt after this set of experiences, but now that I have moved onto a new Dr. who answers all the questions I have before I even ask them...well I am confident that Dr. Marshall just plain did a bad job. Maybe she's great for pap smears, but I won't be going back.Her staff also overcharged me on co-pays, I had to bring in a summary printout of my insurance policies and point it out to them to get them to stop.Approach with caution ladies! My pregnancy is great, by the way - no issues at all beyond the first few hurdles.

Posted on July 21st, 2011

Caring and easy to talk to. Very professional.Nice personality.

Fantastic Physician

Posted on November 4th, 2009

I saw Dr. Marshall to get a second opinon. Although I only booked a consultation, she did an exam and biopsy. After discussing other options, she referred me for to a specialist and for an MRI. She even called me when she obtained the MRI report. She is sharp, caring and easy to talk to.

Cysts/Tumors

Posted on October 9th, 2009

Had a tumor re grow and re grow removed by another Dr. It grew back. Dr.Marshall took it out and the ovary that caused it! She is so smart, my Mother In Law trusts her as well. Go see her, you will be glad you did.

appointment time

Posted on March 17th, 2009

sucks!! she will make you wait forever, and if you're late...don't worry they won't see you. not even 10 minutes late. no..not gonna get in to she her. her time is too valuable, but your time....doesn't matter.

Posted on November 24th, 2017