Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Catherine D Heffner has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
Dr. Catherine D Heffner has the following 14 expertise
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Depressive Disorder
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
- Nerve Conduction Studies
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Migraine Disorder
Dr. Catherine D Heffner has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 23
I've been seeing Dr. Heffner for about a year and she's changed my life for the better. She slowly incorporated medications and followed up with me between appointments. I'm in a much better place than before I saw her. The only thing that doesn't give me a 5 star rating for her is the actual business side of her practice. Changing appointments can sometimes involve some "phone tag" where it can take a long time to establish a new appointment and she only accepts cash or check, so I have to remember to have either of those with me when I go to my appointments.
I have been seeing Dr, Heffner for several years. She is caring and thorough. I cannot agree with the person who said she hands out medication like candy. We always have thoughtful discussions about medications and how to reduce or minimize them. If she has any concerns about my current condition, she will extend our session. On occasion, my appointment might start late, but that can happen with this type of practice. Only a jerk would complain that the session before theirs had to be extended unexpectedly so Dr. Heffner could make sure that person was in a "safe" place before letting them leave her office. I would not hesitate to recommend Dr. Heffner to others.
14 Years Experience
University Of Medicine And Dentistry Of New Jersey
Graduated in 2004
North Shore-Long Island Jewish Health System
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsCATHERINE DAPRIX HEFFNER MD, 55 Madison Ave Ste 400, Morristown, NJ
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Catherine D Heffner, MD - Neurology in Morristown, NJ, in this video.
Dr. Catherine D Heffner is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Morristown, NJ.