Get the important facts about acne, including the different types and what causes it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Alopecia Alopecia facts; different types of hair loss & what can cause it.
- Facelift Facts about facelifts, including the different types of procedures.
- Facial Wrinkles and Lines Find out what causes facial wrinkles and lines.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Lyme Disease Facts about lyme disease; where it’s found and stages of the disease
- Non-Healing Wounds Facts about non-healing wounds, including different types & causes.
- Psoriasis Learn about the symptoms of different types of psoriasis.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Catherine M Hren has the following 1 specialty
A dermatologist is a doctor who has extensive training and knowledge of the skin, scalp, hair and nails and treats conditions that affect those areas. These doctors will evaluate any abnormality, blemish or lesion on the skin in order to determine the cause and will determine a course of treatment.
Dermatologists provide patients with full body scans in order to identify any signs that are indicative of an illness that requires treatment, such as skin cancer. These specialists may also provide cosmetic services, such as mole removal, scar diminishing treatments and even botox and face lifts.
- Basal Cell
- Skin Biopsy
- Actinic Keratosis
- Psoriatic Arthritis
- Skin Cancer
- Acne (Acne Vulgaris)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 14
I have been a patient of Dr. Hren's for a few years, however I am now looking for a new Dr. I like Dr. Hren and think she's a fairly competent Dr., I have never had a significant wait time, but her office staff are a hot mess. I have had several issues with various different staff that have made me decide to just find another practice. I don't want to list all of the issues here as there have been many and at times personal- but i will say there is a fair amount of 1) being rude 2) showing incompetence (about medicine, products or processes) and 3) being lazy (not filling forms/prescriptions on time) shown by the nurses and office staff and I can no longer tolerate it. if you have the patience to put up with this to see a fairly decent doctor, go for it. I don't have the time or patience though. A doctor and her staff go hand in hand to make a good practice.
I have been seeing Dr. Hren for about 5 years. I like her as much as any doctor I have ever seen, and I think she really knows her business. I have had several skin cancers, and she had to make referrals on some. Every doctor she recommended was top notch. I can't imagine anyone being unhappy with her. I highly recommend her to anyone who asks. Also the staff there has always been very courteous and professional.
On-Time Doctor Award (2016, 2014, 2015)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
27 Years Experience
Duke University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1991
Duke University Medical Center
Dr. Catherine M Hren accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsCary Dermatology Center, 101 SW Cary Pkwy Ste 210, Cary, NC
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Catherine M Hren in this video.
Dr. Catherine M Hren is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Cary, NC.