Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Catherine M Hurt has the following 1 specialty
- Emergency Medicine
An emergency physician is a doctor who is an expert in handling conditions of an urgent and extremely dangerous nature. These specialists work in the emergency room (ER) departments of hospitals where they oversee cases involving cardiac distress, trauma, fractures, lacerations and other acute conditions.
Emergency physicians are specially trained to make urgent life-saving decisions to treat patients during an emergency medical crisis. These doctors diagnose and stabilize patients before they are either well enough to be discharged, or transferred to the appropriate department for long-term care.
Dr. Catherine M Hurt has the following 3 expertise
Dr. Catherine M Hurt has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Catherine M Hurt is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 4 of 4
4 hour wait, drove all the way up from Southern California to return to the hospital where I was born with the expectation of quality care-not even close. This doctor must have fallen asleep during the Hippocratic Oath. Inattentive, rude, dismissive, interruptive, and most of all, a second string quack. Long story short and like a poster stated below: "if you get this doctor, RUN". I will be filing a formal complaint and I hope she catches what I have (yeah, it was that bad).
53 yr old 5'3 127lbs great shape for an old broad. Fell off a retaining wall in the garden 3ft drop to concert path. Fractured pelvis, lacerated , fractured elbow. Doctor Hurt was attentive and prescribed pain meds straight away. I was comfortable during XRay, due to the long wait, meds had to be re-administered twice (IV) Doctor Hurt stitched me up, during treatment she was interrupted twice. She answered her Cell Phone and left the room. Returning with new gloves in her hands. Closing statement, ER care lasted 5 hours. Doctor care was under 40min in total She did follow up with me about 10 hrs later wish I would have noticed I was constipated from the drugs prescribed .
24 Years Experience
University Of California San Francisco School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1994
Dr. Catherine M Hurt accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
Locations & DirectionsCalifornia Emergency Physicians, 1601 Ygnacio Valley Rd, Walnut Creek, CA
Dr. Catherine M Hurt is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Walnut Creek, CA.