Get the facts about lung cancer, including how many people get it and what increases your risk for developing it.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Adult Asthma Facts for adult asthma, including triggers & how allergies affect it.
- Allergic Asthma Facts about allergic asthma; who gets it & the most common symptoms.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Cystic Fibrosis Facts about cystic fibrosis, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Catherine Kier
Dr. Catherine Kier, MD is a Doctor primarily located in East Setauket, NY, with other offices in East Setauket, NY and Islip Terrace, NY (and 2 other locations). She has 23 years of experience. Her specialties include Pediatric Pulmonology. Dr. Kier is affiliated with Stony Brook University Hospital, Nassau Cnty. Univ. Medical Ctr and University Hospital. Dr. Kier has received 1 award. She speaks English.
Dr. Catherine Kier has the following 1 specialty
- Pediatric Pulmonology
A pediatric pulmonologist is the go-to resource for children who need treatment for any kind of breathing issue or lung disease. If your child coughs up blood, has a cough that isn’t going away, or displays other symptoms such as trouble breathing, chest pain or wheezing, you can ask your doctor to refer you to a pediatric pulmonologist.
Common conditions and diseases they treat range from noisy breathing, asthma and chronic coughs to lung disease, apnea and cystic fibrosis. They can also diagnose and treat cases of pneumonia in children and prescribe any kind of respiratory medication or equipment your child might need.
Dr. Catherine Kier has the following 13 expertise
- Cystic Fibrosis
- Respiratory Disorders
- Sleep Apnea (Sleep Apnea Syndromes)
- Sleep Deprivation
- Sleep Disorders
Dr. Catherine Kier is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 6
After enduring years of many, many medical appointments and tests, my 7 year-old granddaughter came to Dr. Kier's practice through a fortunate combination of circumstances. Although the diagnosis (Cystic Fibrosis) came as a shock, we were relieved to know that someone had finally put all the pieces together. Dr. Kier and her excellent team are professional, efficient and very kind. She's a genius!
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009, 2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Kier is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Stony Brook University Hospital
Nassau Cnty. Univ. Medical Ctr
University Medical Center At Stony Brook
University Hospital SUNY Health Science Center
University Hospital At Stonybrook
23 Years Experience
University Of The Philippines Manila
Graduated in 1990
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Catherine Kier in this video.
Dr. Catherine Kier is similar to the following 3 Doctors near East Setauket, NY.