Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Catherine M Wood has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
Showing 5 of 23
My 85 year old mother is a patient of Dr. Wood- she was recommended by my mother's previous doctor who retired. The first thing that was off-putting about Dr. Wood was when my mother was in the hospital after heart surgery and many various doctors were seeing her. I wanted an overview of what was going on, so I called Dr. Wood who was her primary care physician. Dr. Wood seemed not to even know who my mother was and left a message for me mentioning "I think your mother is in Intensive Care"...My mother had never been in I.C so needless to say, I was startled by this statement! After several frantic phone calls and blood-turned-to-ice panic, I found out that Dr. Wood had merely mis-spoke because she had no idea what was going on. What kind of doctor does that? The second mishap was that after my mother was out of the hospital, Dr. Wood messed up her Coumadin prescription, so there was a lot of needless hassle getting that cleared up. Now, a year later, again a problem with Coumadin. The doctors who put my mother on it initially said m
14 Years Experience
Rush Medical College Of Rush University Medical Center
Graduated in 2004
Dr. Catherine M Wood accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL Blue Advantage HMO
- BCBS IL BlueChoice Select
- BCBS IL HMO Illinois
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- HealthLink PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsRonald N Errico And Associates, 5999 New Wilke Rd Ste 100, Rolling Meadows, IL
Dr. Catherine M Wood is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Rolling Meadows, IL.