Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Mary C Mailander has the following 1 specialty
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
Dr. Mary C Mailander has the following 5 expertise
- Pediatric Diabetes
Dr. Mary C Mailander has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Mary C Mailander is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 7
Dr. Mailander is thorough and compassionate. We love her. She advocates for us and takes excellent care of our 3 children. We have been with her for almost 7 years. My 17 year old loves her and gives her hugs and states how much she admires her. An appointment is easy to get, too! As a nurse I know a good doctor when I find one, and Dr. Mailander is phenomenal. Book an appointment with her with peace of mind.
Dr. Mailander is the best in her field. I have three children and have been seeing her for over a decade. She is sharp, concise, knowledgeable, and can talk with any age child about serious issues yet in a fun way that a child can relate to. HIGHLY RECOMMEND. She has called me in the evening to check up on the child (who does that anymore?!) Her bedside manner is fantastic. She can talk to anyone at their level and describe the issue.
I cannot sing Dr. Mailander's praises enough. She is so patient, has a wonderful ability to talk nervous first time parents like me off the ledge, and it is so obvious that she genuinely enjoys children - she has an excellent bedside manner with my daughter. She has always been accessible for all manner of questions and concerns (she even came in to the office to see my daughter on a Sunday when she was extremely sick). I highly recommend Dr. Mailander to all my friends who are looking for an excellent pediatrician.
Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
Dr. Mary C Mailander accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CareFirst BlueChoice Advantage
- CareFirst BluePreferred PPO
- CareFirst Maryland POS
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Optimum Choice Preferred POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsParnes May Mckay Lee & Associates, 9501 Old Annapolis Rd Ste 101, Ellicott City, MD
Dr. Mary C Mailander is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Ellicott City, MD.