Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Catherine A Mcgovern has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Child Birth
- Women's Health
- Pap Smear
- Birth Control
- Hot Flashes
- Pelvic Exam
- Menstrual Pain
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 18
I was having pain that I suspected were ovarian cysts. Dr. McGovern is my ob/gyn so I gave her a call to see if I can schedule an ultrasound just to check if everything is ok. I thought it would be easy to schedule something like that but it was like pulling teeth. The receptionist had to check with the Medical Assistant who I spoke to on the phone. Dr. McGovern evidently was in the background listening in to the phone conversation ( she could not call me herself bc she was too busy eavesdropping on conversations she was too lazy to make herself). I got really upset with the MA because she was basically telling me that they were unable to schedule the ultrasound and I was trying to wrap my head around the reasoning behind that decision. If your patient is in pain and would like to ensure whether they do or do not have ovarian cysts, what is the issue? Finally, Dr. McGovern, being the class act she is, picked up the phone and explained to me that she could not do the ultrasound regardless of the pain I was in without an order for it. I did have an order for an ultrasound to be completed so I expressed that to her and she told me I should take the order to the gyn who issued it to be. I am currently 26 years old and in my entire life, I have never been treated so poorly. When I hung up, I was curled in a ball crying. Awful, awful and despicable woman. I would not wish her on my worst enemy.
I went to Dr. McGovern after going to three other obgyn's with the same symptoms. They would just write prescriptions and send me on my merry way instead of trying to figure out what was wrong. I went to her and her diagnosis was spot on. She recommended me to a Urologist for further care instead of racking up visits and I can't thank her enough! She listens carefully and tries to rule out what things could be. It is not that difficult to get an appointment with. I will only deal with Westmed because of her!
Top Doctors: New York Metro Area (2017)
Castle Connolly Top Doctors: New York Metro Area™ are specialists and primary care physicians who are highly recommended by their peers and other healthcare professionals. The Castle Connolly research staff reviews both professional qualifications and professional reputation prior to Top Doctor status being awarded. This recognition identifies the top physicians in the New York Metro Area who possess a high level of medical skill and expertise.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011, 2016)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2011)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
32 Years Experience
Albany Medical College
Graduated in 1986
Albany Medical Center
Dr. Catherine A Mcgovern accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem CT HMO BlueCare
- Anthem PPO Century Preferred CT
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire HMO
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
- First Health PPO
HIP of NY
- Emblem HIP Select PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- Oxford Metro
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsWestchester Medical Group, 210 Westchester Ave, West Harrison, NY
Dr. Catherine A Mcgovern is similar to the following 0 Doctors near West Harrison, NY.