Dr. Catherine Mitchell Is this you?

2.8

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. Catherine Mitchell?

Posted on January 27th, 2015

When I lived in KS, Dr Michell was our family doctor. She was awesome. She cares a great deal about her patients, is very compassionate and very knowledgeable. I miss having her as my doctor.

Done with this doctor

Posted on November 19th, 2011

This has been my doctor since I was 8 years old. I am now 25. Most recently I was In an accident that required 300 stitches inside of my shoulder. She rushed me through my follow-up appointment and couldn't stay focused on what we were talking about. I left there with no reassurance of what I should do. She did set me up for a heart test, as I had passed out when the accident happened. Supposed to have heard back the day after. I waited 5 days And had to call her office. Also, I had a birthday pArty a few days after and someone stole my bottle of pain killers And anti-biotics. I left messages at her office to call me back twice and never got a response. So I spent a week, unable to sleep and in extreme pain, not to mention, with the idea of infection looming. A few years ago I had a catfish spine puncture my wrist. A bump developed, so I went to see her. She told me it was a cyst and would go away. Several months later, it was really hurting so i demanded an x-ray. The catfish spine was wedged in- between my hand and forearm and I had to get surgery to remove it. Last year, I went in because I had injured my back at work. She popped it and told me to do stretches. Rather that just paying the copayment, I surprisingly got a bill saying that they had charged my insurance $765 for her to pop my back and I had to pay more. Shouldn't they warn you? It seems that over the last couple of years, she has too many patients at once and cannot spend enough time to think and analyze her patients. My family has had many problems with her as well, for instance my sister had major back injury and Dr. Mitchell dismissed her as a patient bc she thought she was lying. My sister is now on disability bc of her back injury.

Ugh

Posted on June 14th, 2011

Their staff is usually very nice. I've been going to Tanglewood Family for over 15 years, and have always tried to see Dr. Mitchell every time, unless I couldn't. I used to think she was a good doctor, but I do not think that way any more. After many misdiagnosis, and just uncomfortable visits with her, I feel she is too ditsy and unconcerned with actually helping me find solutions. I would not recommend her.

In my opinion..

Posted on April 20th, 2011

Dr. Mitchell should not be practicing medicine. She is not knowledgeable in any way shape or form in the art of wellness. Do not select this physician simply because she is nice; find a physician that can treat you! --Beware of Dr. Mitchell

I will not be returning

Posted on January 29th, 2010

Poor bedside manner. Dismissive of concerns, unknowledgable.

Long Time Patient

Posted on August 13th, 2008

I have been with Catherine for almost 16 years. I enjoy her as a doctor. Sometimes I get diappointed because the nurse calls to tell me things instead of Catherine. I would prefer to speak with her because the nurse can't answer my questions and it scares me when that happens. Besides that I like her down to earth attitude. All I can see wrong is the nurse does not need to communicate as much with the patient and the doctor does. The nurse called me and gave me some bad news and then could not tell me any information on what to do, just said read up on it on the net. I don't really care for this nurse because she isn't very friendly and she dang sure can't draw blood. I had a huge bruise and blood under the skin for a week after she drew my blood and it hurt. I do trust Catherine though. If she doesn't know how to fix the problem, she sends you on to a specialist who does. That tells me she cares and is concerned about me as a person.

Posted on December 17th, 2016