Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Catherine P Montgomery
Dr. Catherine P Montgomery, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Voorhees, NJ. She has 28 years of experience. Her specialties include Family Medicine. Dr. Montgomery is affiliated with Virtua Voorhees Hospital and Weisman Childrens Rehabilitation Hospital. Dr. Montgomery has received 1 award. She speaks English.
Dr. Catherine P Montgomery has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Stomach Diseases
- Fainting (Syncope)
- Primary Headache Disorders
- Sprains and Strains
- Adolescent Medicine
- Intestinal Diseases
- Smoking Cessation
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Heart Failure
- Chest Pain (Angina)
- Dementia Related Behavioral Disorders
- Trigger Finger Disorder
- Hives (Urticaria)
- Women's Health
- Urinary Tract Infections (UTI)
- Anxiety Disorders
- Sinus Infection (Sinusitis)
- Inflammatory Bowel Diseases (IBD)
- Nutritional Support
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- Skin Rash (Acrodermatitis)
- Seizure Disorders
- Pink eye (Conjunctivitis)
- Urinary Retention
- Memory Disorders
- Family Planning
- Lyme Disease
- Weight Loss
- Eating Disorders
- Pancreas inflammation (Pancreatitis)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 12
I find Dr. Montgomery to be pleasant, efficient, capable, & willing to listen to me about my health issues. She found a nodule on my neck which proved to be a thyroid problem, & referred me to a endocrinologist. She is not hesitant to refer a patient to a specialist if there is problem. She has great bedside manner, and is easy to talk to.
The characteristic I most admire about Dr. Montgomery is that she is willing to listen to me as a patient and is non-judgmental. I am overweight and we discuss strategies to deal with it and the resulting diabetes. But, she knows I am aware of my weight problem and doesn't "beat me up" with incessant lectures about the weight but works with me to solve the problem. She accepts me as I am. She is the most caring physician with whom I have ever had contact.
Dr. Montgomery is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
28 Years Experience
Jefferson Medical College Of Thomas Jefferson University
Graduated in 1990
West Jersey Health System
Dr. Catherine P Montgomery accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Horizon BCBS OMNIA - TIER2
- Horizon Direct Access
- Horizon HMO
- Horizon OMNIA
- Horizon POS
- Horizon PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Health Garden State
- Oxford Liberty
- Oxford Metro
- QualCare HMO
- QualCare PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsCatherine P Montgomery Md, 2301 E Evesham Rd Ste 503, Voorhees, NJ
Dr. Catherine P Montgomery is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Voorhees, NJ.