Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Catherine P Torres has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism
- Addison Disease
- Cushing Disease
- Diabetes (Types I & II)
- Diabetes Mellitus, Type 1
- Diabetes, Type 2
- Gland Issues
Showing 5 of 22
I'm writing not to discount the negative comments, but only to voice my positive experience. I have at times has trouble getting through to the office, but over the last year or so, it's been much better. Wait time has rarely been longer than 15 minutes. Dr. Torres takes her time, reviews blood work thoroughly, and considers my input in medication recommendations. I see her about every 6 months and leave with a prescription for my next bloodwork.
The doctor is just OK, but if your problem is anything but routine, don’t expect her to delve any deeper. I was told “sorry I can’t figure out your problem,” and sent away without even a suggestion as what to do next. As far as the office staff, they are absolutely shameful and unresponsive. I’ve had at least 3 instances where I’ve had to harass them to either make an appointment or to authorize my medication for insurance purposes. One time, I just showed up in order to get information rather than try to get through (you are usually transferred to Summit’s call center who takes messages and can’t give answers. The office almost never calls you back. Terrible staff.
I only go here because my insurance covers it otherwise I do not recommend this place they told me I was late for my appointment which I was actually an hour early for so they "punished " me by making me wait an additional hour and half when I told them I was told 3:30 was my appointment time they asked me to prove it. Worst manners and rude staff . They need to learn some etiquette and stop acting like they are better then everyone else . The doctor spent 5 mins with me .. I voiced my concern and she brushed it off.. Every time I call the office it takes over an hour to get through if I'm lucky. They never get faxes for my blood work " supposedly " it was never sent ... All my other doctors receive my blood work immediately as the lab gets the results ... I was in the office as they were sending it through and they were too lazy to even check the machine ... A quick no we did not get it was their answer... Worst doctors office everrrr!!!!!!
The staff is rude and very unresponsive. I left so many messages and they did not get back to me! My doctors office called several times and they never got a call back! This doctor and her staff should be reported! To think that they take care of (or not...) patient who are sick and have time sensitive issues! Save yourself and DO NOT go to this doctor!!!
Dr. Torres is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Dr. Catherine P Torres accepts the following insurance providers.
- First Health PPO
- Horizon BCBS OMNIA - TIER1
- Horizon Direct Access
- Horizon HMO
- Horizon OMNIA
- Horizon POS
- Horizon PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- QualCare HMO
- QualCare PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Catherine P Torres is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Clifton, NJ.