Dr. Catherine Sam Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Catherine Sam?

Posted on September 18th, 2013

I LOVE Dr. Sam and the Woman's Clinic. Dr Sam understands what I am trying to tell her and knows how to answer my questions. They are always so nice. They are always right on whatever I need whether it is a referral, RX refill. And as far as promptness, she delivers babies, she can't always be on schedule. As far as follow up it is not all their fault I tend to be the one not following up.

Dr. Sam

Posted on September 8th, 2012

For my second pregnancy I chose to see Dr. Sam. I am very impressed with how clean the office was, how friendly and helpful the staff is, and how truly caring Dr. Sam was. I was in my room before my appointment time and shortly after was seen by the Dr. She did everything that you have to have done at a first OBGYN visit very gently and talked me through the entire process. I felt like I had known her for years. She listened to me and took the time out to answer any of my questions or concerns. I never felt like she was rushing through our visit. I would definitely reccomend her to anyone!

Not a good experience.

Posted on September 6th, 2012

I had my doubts about Dr. Sam before my surgery. First, I don't think I should have more knowledge about my ob/gyn issues than any real physician. Second, no matter how many times I kept reminding her of another genetic illness I have, she repeatedly suggested treatments that could potentially cause me serious harm. I found that scary and irresponsible. I also felt that she was a wee bit too eager to perform a surgical procedure-- not enough effort thinking about alternatives. I was desperate for a fix for a variety of reasons and went ahead with the procedure in spite of my misgivings about the doctor. I woke up from the procedure just fine but after an hour or so, developed enormous amounts of excruciating pain. Two morphine injections and hours later, the doctor still couldn't "find the time" to check on me. Thank goodness for the nurses. In fact, I was never even debriefed on what happened in surgery-- though she did spend a total of about 30 seconds showing my husband gruesome "results" photographs of my burned and mangled uterus post-procedure, which I can tell you he most definitely didn't appreciate. I should have trusted my gut and sought a second opinion in Indianapolis.

Dr Sam

Posted on January 12th, 2012

I've worked with Dr Sam on heavy bleeding. I didn't want surgery and she helped me find alternatives until the time came and there wasn't an alternative. She performed the Da Vinci method of hystrectomy and it's been great.

Posted on March 16th, 2016