Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Catherine M Sargent has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
Showing 5 of 56
My family has been patients of Dr. Sargent (and her partner Dr. Sawvell) since early 2007, over 6 years as of this review. When we first became patients I was thrilled to have found the perfect medical care providers for everyone in my family (boys saw Dr. Sawvell, girls saw Dr. Sargent). Dr. Sargent was so calm & patient that she put my ultra-shy youngest daughter at ease. She spent time listening to us & discussing treatment options, so we felt genuinely cared for and respected. Unfortunately, over the last few years, her manner of care has changed dramatically. She's gradually reduced the time she spends with patients, doesn't listen to patient concerns, leaves it to her staff to reveal her treatment decisions, doesn't attempt to answer any questions about her treatment plan, and responds to repeated questions by refusing to treat you anymore.
Qurky and distracted, not a good listener, poor diagnostician, relys on costly tests ( often from "associates") instead of skill, in and out in a flash, staff ranges from distant to outright rude. Still paying on tests 2 yrs later...no positive outcomes I coulden't have produced mysel- without supporting this Health Care Buisness.
I've been seeing Dr. Sargent for a few tears now & must say that her behavior in the last year has been shocking. I can most definitely say that my most recent visit to her will definitely be my last. She comes in to the room, doesn't even talk to you long enough to get the full grasp of your issues and out the door she goes. Next thing you know her nurse comes in & your done. I spent more time in the waiting room than in the exam room. Horrible doctor. My veterinarian spends more time with my dogs than she does her patients. Very sad!
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2009)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2009, 2008, 2010)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
20 Years Experience
Ohio State University College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1998
Dr. Catherine M Sargent accepts the following insurance providers.
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
Medical Mutual of Ohio
- MMOH SuperMed POS Select
- MMOH SuperMed PPO Plus
- Multiplan PPO
Premier Health Plan
- Premier HealthOne
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & DirectionsFamily Medicine Care, 2510 Commons Blvd Ste 220, Dayton, OH
Dr. Catherine M Sargent is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Dayton, OH.