Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Cathryn L Samples has the following 3 specialties
- Pediatric Adolescent Medicine
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
- Adolescent Medicine
Adolescent specialists are doctors who have advanced training in the health issues that adolescents face. These physicians deal with issues like the onset of puberty, reproductive health, eating disorders, irregular periods, mood changes, drugs and pressures from home and school. For girls entering adulthood, adolescent specialists can act as both pediatrician and gynecologist, so they only have to see one doctor for all their needs.
- AIDS/HIV (Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome)
- Substance Abuse
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases
- HIV Infections
- Birth Control
- Eating Disorders
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
45 Years Experience
Tulane University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1973
Montefiore Medical Center
Dr. Cathryn L Samples accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA HMO Blue Select
- BCBS MA HMO Blue with Managed Care Behavioral Health
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Harvard Pilgrim ChoiceNet HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim ElevateHealth HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Tufts Health Plan
- Tufts PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsBoston Childrens Hospital, 300 Longwood Ave, Boston, MA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Cathryn L Samples in this video.
Dr. Cathryn L Samples is similar to the following 0 Doctors near Boston, MA.