The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer, including signs, symptoms & what happens to the body in each stage of cancer.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Alopecia Alopecia facts; different types of hair loss & what can cause it.
- Facelift Facts about facelifts, including the different types of procedures.
- Facial Wrinkles and Lines Find out what causes facial wrinkles and lines.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Lyme Disease Facts about lyme disease; where it’s found and stages of the disease
- Non-Healing Wounds Facts about non-healing wounds, including different types & causes.
- Psoriasis Learn about the symptoms of different types of psoriasis.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Cathy P Milam has the following 1 specialty
A dermatologist is a doctor who has extensive training and knowledge of the skin, scalp, hair and nails and treats conditions that affect those areas. These doctors will evaluate any abnormality, blemish or lesion on the skin in order to determine the cause and will determine a course of treatment.
Dermatologists provide patients with full body scans in order to identify any signs that are indicative of an illness that requires treatment, such as skin cancer. These specialists may also provide cosmetic services, such as mole removal, scar diminishing treatments and even botox and face lifts.
- Skin Biopsy
- Basal Cell
- Acne (Acne Vulgaris)
- Actinic Keratosis
- Skin Cancer
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 24
I made my first appointment with Dr Milam a about 3 weeks ago, I guess I just assumed when you make an appointment with a dermatologist they will actually show up and look at you. The only person who looked at me was an LPN, when I asked the nurse if I was going to see a dermatologist she just glared at me and said yes an LPN dermatologist. When I make an appointment with a dermatologist thats who I want to see to evaluate me not a LPN. And I will bet you they billed my insurance for seeing a Dermatologist. I guess this is a new way for some Doctors to make more money by letting an unqualified LPN check to see if you have skin cancer. And it was not like I was low risk I have had skin cancer 6 times. But not allowed to see the great Dr Milam, maybe she was at the beach getting at tan.
Although Dr. Milam kept me waiting longer than she should have on my first visit, I gave her one more chance and she failed, keeping me waiting for close to half an hour, again. Her office is freezing cold and it is extremely uncomfortable to wait undressed for so long. Once she arrived (without apology) she was very rushed and wasted my time with lectures totally irrelevant to my personal health or situation. Instead of cutting off my tags, which I've had success with elsewhere, she insisted on burning them off and that left me scabby for weeks -- she should have explained that that would be the outcome of burning! I will not return.
This was my second visit with Dr Milam.My first impressions was poor. I should have trusted my instincts. She can walk into an exam room while backing out at the same time. Nothing seems to be a dermatological matter and she is quickly referring to other specialists. She is quick and dismissive. Last time for me.
Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
Dr. Milam is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
- University Of South Florida College Of Medicine
University Of South Florida College Of Medicine
Dr. Cathy P Milam accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- Florida Blue BlueCare HMO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry FL Employer Group PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana HMO Select
- Humana National POS
- Humana Tampa Bay CoreNet
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
UHC of the River Valley
- Neighborhood Health Partnership Commercial
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsMilam Bogart Dermatology, 7400 S Tamiami Trl, Sarasota, FL
Dr. Cathy P Milam is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Sarasota, FL.