Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Cecil H Coggins
Dr. Cecil H Coggins, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Boston, MA. He has 60 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine and Nephrology. Dr. Coggins is affiliated with Emerson Hospital, Lowell General Hospital and Winchester Hospital. Dr. Coggins has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Cecil H Coggins has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
A nephrologist is a physician who is specially trained to diagnose and treat conditions affecting the kidneys or renal system.
A nephrologist will determine through urine analysis, blood test, X-ray, sonogram, or kidney biopsy how well the kidneys are functioning and will then prescribe a special diet and exercise program, medication or dialysis - a process by which a machine filters the blood when the kidney is no longer capable of doing so.
- Chronic Renal Disease
- End Stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Kidney Disease
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Kidney Biopsy
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
Showing 5 of 7
I would highly recommend Dr. Coggins. He's been my primary care physician for almost 10 years now, and even though I've move out of state, I continue to keep him as my PCP. I am so happy and satisfied with his bedside manner, his interest in me and my health as a whole person, and his genuine care and concern about any and all health issues - not to mention his credentials and experience. The only reason I will ever "switch" doctors will be when he retires (or when I need an OB-GYN closer to home, if I get pregnant). His attention to detail and genuine care & concern are what make him so special. He is a gem of a doctor, and I feel blessed to have him as mine!
I've been a long time patient of Dr. Coggins. He is extremely compassionate and very down to earth. The front office is always very busy. The wait time can be 20+ minutes, but it's worth the wait. Dr. Coggins listens attentively to patients' concerns and treats everyone with courtesy. He is highly intelligent and keeps up with the latest research. I'm fortunate to have him as my doctor.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2010, 2011, 2012)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2010, 2011, 2012)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Coggins is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
60 Years Experience
Harvard Medical School
Graduated in 1958
Stanford University School Of Medicine
Dr. Cecil H Coggins accepts the following insurance providers.
- Harvard Pilgrim ChoiceNet HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & DirectionsMgh Beacon Hill, 100 Charles River Plz, Boston, MA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Cecil H Coggins in this video.
Dr. Cecil H Coggins is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Boston, MA.