Autism Spectrum Disorder
Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD), including the different types and the most common symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Cecile P Windels has the following 1 specialty
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
Dr. Cecile P Windels has the following 5 expertise
- Pediatric Diabetes
Showing 5 of 24
My two children are under Dr. Windels' care and she has been nothing short of incredible in how she's diagnosed specific issues very early on (top specialists in NYC were very impressed she caught the issues so early and as a result I was able to fully treat each issue). She's smart, dedicated (has met us on Sundays when the children have been really sick and I've been worried). She tells it to you straight which I so appreciate so I don't have to worry about other issues in my head - instead I know the facts and then, as a result, know how to handle each one. She's a great support to the parents and so caring and on top of it. Can't recommend her highly enough.
I have seen Dr. Windels for many years and I have always been 100% satisfied with her level of care. She is very knowledgeable and has many years of experience to draw on. Most importantly, she is very compassionate and easy to talk to. Especially during my teenage years there are lots of questions that I had that were a bit embarrassing, but Dr. Windels was always extremely approachable and easy to talk to - she made me feel very comfortable discussing uncomfortable topics. What makes this all better is the wonderful support and medical staff at the Healthy Child. The nurses are all very professional, warm, and efficient, and the front desk is great as well. Would highly recommend to everyone!
Dr. Windels has taken care of my children for 24 years. She is thorough, knowledgeable, and compassionate. My children have had some complicated medical issues and she was able to make accurate and timely diagnoses and get us to excellent specialists. We feel very lucky that she has been our pediatrician.
33 Years Experience
New York University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1985
Yale University School Of Medicine
Dr. Cecile P Windels accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna CT AWH MC OA w/Pediatric Dental
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem CT HMO BlueCare
- Anthem CT Pathway X Enhanced Ind HMO
- Anthem PPO Century Preferred CT
- Anthem Pathway X Ind PPO Direct Access CT
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
- First Health PPO
- Harvard Pilgrim ChoiceNet HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsThe Healthy Child, 745 Post Rd, Darien, CT
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Cecile P Windels in this video.
Dr. Cecile P Windels is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Darien, CT.