Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Cecilia M Cervantes MD
Dr. Cecilia M Cervantes, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Austin, TX, with another office in Austin, TX. She has 32 years of experience. Her specialties include Internal Medicine and Preventive Medicine. Dr. Cervantes is affiliated with Austin Lakes Hospital, Seton Medical Center Austin and St Davids South Austin Medical Center. She speaks English.
Dr. Cecilia M Cervantes has 2 locations
Book Online Now
Dr. Cecilia M Cervantes has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Preventive Medicine
A preventive medicine/wellness specialist is a physician who, through additional training, has become an expert in methods for maintaining good health and preventing disease. These specialists are the doctors people see when they are generally well or without a specific ailment and want to either learn how to maintain their current health or acquire better health.
These doctors will advise patients on specific diets, exercise regimens, and lifestyle habits that are suited to their particular needs. Preventive medicine/wellness specialists take into account a patient's nutrition deficiencies, physical and cardiovascular capabilities, and habits in order to advise specific vitamins and supplements to take, how much physical activity to undertake, and which habits should be broken and replaced with more positive behavior.
Showing 2 of 2
Self-verified patient of Dr. Cecilia M Cervantes - Posted on October 24th, 2014
In the know...
Self-verified patient of Dr. Cecilia M Cervantes - Posted on June 3rd, 2009
Dr. Cervantes is one, if not the, of the leading experts in the field of lymphedeam. I have appreciated her guidance through care to the level of maintenance of my lymphedema issues in my legs.Wishing it is a curable condition, but I feel that Dr. Cervantes, if anyone out there, will find the cure through her dilegence and research.
Dr. Cervantes is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
32 Years Experience
The School Of Medicine At Stony Brook University Medical Center
Graduated in 1986
St Elizabeth Hospital
Dr. Cecilia M Cervantes Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
Locations & Directions
Dr. Cecilia M Cervantes is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Austin, TX.