Learn about the symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Menorrhagia Get the facts about menorrhagia, including the causes, symptoms, and doctors who treat it.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Cedric K Olivera
Dr. Cedric K Olivera, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Brooklyn, NY. He has 24 years of experience. His specialties include Obstetrics & Gynecology and Gynecology. Dr. Olivera is affiliated with NYU Lutheran Medical Center. Dr. Olivera has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Cedric K Olivera has the following 2 specialties
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
Dr. Cedric K Olivera has the following 13 expertise
- Pap Smear
- Birth Control
- Interstitial Cystitis
- Hot Flashes
- Menstrual Pain
- Women's Health
- Pelvic Exam
- Child Birth
Dr. Cedric K Olivera has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 25
This was the ABSOLUTE WORST experience of my ENTIRE life. This man should not be a doctor. Not only did he perform an extremely painful exam with no anesthetic but he was not even remotely sympathetic toward me and denied me any kind of pain medication. He was very rough and heavy handed with no care taken even after I repeatedly asked him to be more careful. I began to cry and he attempted to order me to "stop crying" at which point I told him to stop the exam. He then explained the "reason for the pain". He claims my severe pain is caused by citrus/caffeine in my diet and his prognosis included the advice to "drink water". He then asked me my religion for no apparent reason claiming if I was Jehova Witness that could be problematic. He then rushed out of the office with his coat and hat in hand. Add to this the fact that the wait time in his office was OVER 2 hours. The staff is conceding and subpar at best. Take this man's license. He's an animal. He made my already severe pain much worse. He might be book smart but he should not be dealing with patients who are in pain and in need of medical help. He might be better suited for barn yard animals and even then I wouldn't recommend him. The patient before me stated she "felt violated" by him and that should have been my cue to leave this place running. I myself feel extremely violated and mistreated.
Dr. Olivera is a terrible doctor. He does not fit any of the essential traits of being a doctor, such as having patience with their clients. I felt uncomfortable and insulted by him. NEVER will I return.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Olivera is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
24 Years Experience
University Of Medicine And Dentistry Of New Jersey Robert Wood Johnson Medical School
Graduated in 1994
Dr. Cedric K Olivera accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
HIP of NY
- Emblem HIP Select PPO
- Healthfirst NY HMO ABCD
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
MVP Health Plan
- MVP Preferred PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsNyu Lutheran Medical Arts Pavilion, 8714 5th Ave, Brooklyn, NY
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Cedric K Olivera in this video.
Dr. Cedric K Olivera is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Brooklyn, NY.