Autism Spectrum Disorder
Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD), including the different types and the most common symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Celerina M Liwag has the following 1 specialty
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
Dr. Celerina M Liwag has the following 5 expertise
- Pediatric Diabetes
Dr. Celerina M Liwag has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 4 of 4
Unfortunately, I was disappointed by the care my child received from this physician. I had high hopes after moving into the area and being recommended to this practice. This physician gave the impression of being in a hurry, was less than gentle with my child during examination and talked down to me when discussing her "diagnosis". There was, in fact, no diagnosis, just a lot of "she could have..." at which time she whipped out her RX pad and hurriedly scribbled a script. She did not explain how often I would be administering the drugs she prescribed and talked to me in a judgmental and patronizing tone when I asked questions. When I called in a few days later because my daughter was getting worse and asked to see one of the other doctors, the receptionist instead told Dr. Liwag why I was unhappy and proceeded to transfer me to her instead of Dr. Lancellotti like she told me she was doing. Overall we had a very disappointing experience at Baca peds, starting with the unprofessionalism of the office staff and nurses (some of whom loiter behind the desk checking their cell phones) and ending with physicians who could use a refresher in bedside manner and a reminder that children are precious and should be handled with care.
Dr. Celerina M Liwag accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Capital Blue Cross
- Capital BC Keystone Health Plan Central HMO
- Capital BC PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica HMO
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- First Health PPO
Geisinger Health Plan
- Geisinger Health Plan
- Highmark Community Blue PPO
- Highmark PPOBlue
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsBaca Pediatrics, 159 N Reading Rd, Ephrata, PA
Dr. Celerina M Liwag is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Ephrata, PA.