Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Celia D Reyes-Acuna has the following 2 specialties
- Adolescent Medicine
Adolescent specialists are doctors who have advanced training in the health issues that adolescents face. These physicians deal with issues like the onset of puberty, reproductive health, eating disorders, irregular periods, mood changes, drugs and pressures from home and school. For girls entering adulthood, adolescent specialists can act as both pediatrician and gynecologist, so they only have to see one doctor for all their needs.
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
Dr. Celia D Reyes-Acuna has the following 5 expertise
- Birth Control
- Eating Disorders
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases
- Substance Abuse
Showing 5 of 14
Wonderful Doctor to my six kids. I've been with her since my first child 21 yrs ago. She's very caring and easy to talk with. She cares deeply for her patients and provides excellent care. Staff is also wonderful and every bit worth the doctor standing up for them. For the comments on her out dated office all I have to say about that is they keep it clean and its not that big of a deal when you have an excellent doctor and staff caring for and treating your children. I love her and her staff!
I've been going to Dr. AcuÃ±a since I was 10 years old and when I had my first child she came to the hospital to visit me and check up on my baby. She is not pushy with vaccines, but does reiterate the importance of them if the subject comes up. I have chosen to delay vaccinations and she does not make me feel bad for my decision. It is a non-issue at our visits. The staff are hard-working and her fees for office visits are the least expensive in town. She accepts Medicaid and most insurance (I think). She is from the Phillipines and speaks Spanish (as do her office workers) and Tagalog. She is an excellent doctor!
Very old moldy type office. Very hard time making dr appt. Dr very defensive about her little m.a workers who probably only have 9months of "training". If you got a problem with her staff dont tell the dr because she will tell you to take your child back to previous pediatrician.! Yup! Was not satisfied at all. Theres gotta be other medicaid pediatricians with better attitudes with newer nicer offices! My bby said it was dark n knda scary in there.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2012, 2013)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2012)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Reyes-Acuna is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
- University Of Santo Tomas
Lsu Health Sciences
Dr. Celia D Reyes-Acuna accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Ambetter Superior Health Plan
- Ambetter Superior Health Plan
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate POS
Locations & DirectionsCelia Reyes-Acuna Md, 4444 S Staples St, Corpus Christi, TX
Dr. Celia D Reyes-Acuna is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Corpus Christi, TX.