The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer, including signs, symptoms & what happens to the body in each stage of cancer.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Adult Asthma Facts for adult asthma, including triggers & how allergies affect it.
- Allergic Asthma Facts about allergic asthma; who gets it & the most common symptoms.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Cem Akin
Dr. Cem Akin, MD, PHD, FAAAAI is a Doctor primarily located in Ann Arbor, MI, with other offices in Chestnut Hill, MA and Boston, MA (and 1 other location). He has 25 years of experience. His specialties include Allergy and Immunology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Akin is affiliated with University of Michigan Hospitals & Health Centers, Dana-Farber Cancer Institute and Brigham and Women's Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Cem Akin has the following 2 specialties
- Allergy and Immunology
An allergy & immunology specialist is a physician who is specially trained in matters pertaining to chronic and acute allergies, as well as deficiencies of the immune system. The doctor will determine whether an allergy, which attacks our immune system, is present. They'll also determine the cause, whether it be environmental triggers like trees and pollen, food-borne like peanuts and dairy, the venom of insects like bees, or a medication like penicillin.
In addition to determining the allergen causing an immunological response in a patient, the specialist will treat the symptoms caused by the reaction.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Hay Fever (Seasonal Allergic Rhinitis)
- Hypereosinophilic Syndrome
- Nasal Allergy (Rhinitis)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 6
If you suspect a mast cell disorder, Cem Akin is a world-class expert. His keen insight coupled with his quiet and gentle bedside manner make him an exemplary physician. He listens closely and applies his considerable knowledge in practical ways. He is open to the patient's perspective. Too, he's one of the kindest physicians I have ever had. Hate the drive down route 9 to see him, and his office staff sometimes is less-than-stellar, but these inconveniences are worth seeing someone as wonderful as he is. Highly recommend him.
Dr. Akin is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
University of Michigan Hospitals & Health Centers
Dana-Farber Cancer Institute
Brigham and Women's Hospital
Brigham & Women`s Hospital
25 Years Experience
Istanbul Universitesi, Cerrahpasa
Graduated in 1988
Dr. Cem Akin accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Cem Akin is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Ann Arbor, MI.