Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Chahat Thakur
Dr. Chahat Thakur, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Rancho Mirage, CA, with another office in Yucca Valley, CA. She has 17 years of experience. Her specialties include Family Medicine. Dr. Thakur is affiliated with San Gorgonio Memorial Hospital and Hi-Desert Medical Center. Dr. Thakur has received 1 award. She speaks English.
Dr. Chahat Thakur has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Weight Loss
- Family Planning
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 42
This is a doctor I would NEVER recommend to anyone. The doctor is totally incompetent, how did she ever manage to become a doctor is a wonder to me! She is completely unprepared, has no idea why your there, has no compassion for her patients. She is incapable of providing an accurate diagnosis. She is totally incompetent. Her staff is just as incompetent. They will lose lab results faxed over, referrals are never prepared in a timely manner. Don't waste your time with this one. This doctor is a total waste of your time. Her staff is just as incompetent. They will lose lab results faxed over, they can't prepare referrals in in a timely manner.
From the outset it doesn't look like she is going to be any good. I came to her with immediate and urgent problems, but I still wanted her to know a tiny bit of my health history before launching into my current crisis. I literally was half way through my first sentence, saying " I should tell you a bit about my medical history" then about 5 words in, she rudely interrupted me and said "So you currently are seeing specialists?" I tried to act like that was not offensive and rude even tho it was. But then when I told her I'd seen like 4 specialists and my old PCP and an urgent care doc (who discontinued my insurance) and told her a huge list of terrible symptoms that had been going on for 9 months, and said that the specialist found some abnormalities but don't know what they are and can't give diagnosis she refused to let me see an infectious disease doctor. She said I have to PROVE that there IS AN INFECTION before I send you to an infectious disease doctor. I said, With all due respect Dr, this infection has eluded over 6 doctors. This is when you send a person to a SPECIALIST. WHEN YOU CAN'T DIAGNOSE THEM YOURSELF! What is the point of specialists whose job it is to seek out rare and difficult to diagnose issues if the GP is going to find all the problems ahead of time??? There are about 2% of doctors with this inane and erroneous perception. And I can't stand them. Meanwhile we are left to die, because we are stuck with what a family doctor can find in your blood panel......which is basically nothing. Even INSURANCE carriers don't require there to be PROOF of a certain infection in order to be sent to an infectious disease doc. So at the end of the day, after having to wait months because my old PCP quit early and I had to wait a while to see Thakur (6 weeks in all) and after suffering with dozens of terrible symptoms for 9 months, all Thakur did was say she was going to order a couple basic panels. I left with NOTHING !!! Then I had to follow up and have the specialists send labs and radiology to her to PROVE that my symptoms were real.
Very compassionate doctor.
Dr. Thakur is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
17 Years Experience
Gajra Raja Medical College
Graduated in 2001
Arrowhead Regional Medical Center
Dr. Chahat Thakur accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- UHC SignatureValue Flex1
- UHC SignatureValue Flex2
- UHC SignatureValue Flex3
- UHC SignatureValue Focus
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Chahat Thakur is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Rancho Mirage, CA.