Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Chaim Vanek
Dr. Chaim Vanek, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Portland, OR. He has 19 years of experience. His specialties include Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism and Internal Medicine. Dr. Vanek is affiliated with Providence Portland Medical Center and Adventist Medical Center. Dr. Vanek has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Chaim Vanek has the following 2 specialties
- Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Gland Issues
- Lipid Metabolism Disorders
- Parathyroid Diseases
- Pituitary Diseases
- Addison Disease
- Diabetes (Types I & II)
- Diabetes Mellitus, Type 1
- Cushing Disease
- Diabetes, Type 2
- Vitamin D Deficiency
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 24
I do not understand how anyone can rate Dr. Vanek less than 5 stars. I saw 41 doctors (including the Mayo Clinic) in a 2 year time period. Another doctor referred me to Dr. Vanek and I was so impressed that my daughter sees him now. We have to drive 4 hours to see him and scheduled months in advance, but it is worth it. I have been seeing him for several years now. He is so accessible. He has answered my emails anywhere from immediately to within 24 hours. This includes holidays and weekends. I have never know a doctor to do this. He also treats his patients as equals. He never talks down to me or thinks I should just do what he says. He discusses all tests and makes sure you understand them and the course of treatment. He never rushes you, yet he is always on time. He talks to you as if you have been friends for years. He does not use a nurse. He comes out to the waiting room and greets you and takes all your vitals himself. You always leave knowing he has a thorough knowledge of the issue. He is the only doctor I look forward to seeing each year.
Although I've only seen Dr. Vanek once, he was simply marvelous (and no, I'm not his mother). Dr. Vanek is very knowledgeable, he listened intently, explained things thoroughly and was very reassuring. He is the ONLY physician who has been able to piece together a myriad of differing symptoms and come up with a valid diagnosis. A very good physician and a nice man.
He's one of the WORST doctors I've ever been to! He's rude, he refused to answer my questions and he has even hung up on me while I was trying to ask him questions on the phone. He has absolutely no clue on what normal thyroid levels are and overdosed me on anti-thyroid meds causing me to be extremely hypothyroid. Steer clear of this Dr!
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2012, 2016, 2013, 2011, 2010)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Vanek is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
19 Years Experience
Oregon Health & Science University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1999
University Of Maryland Medical System
Dr. Chaim Vanek accepts the following insurance providers.
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net OR PPO
- Kaiser Permanente
- Multiplan PPO
- Moda Health Community Care Network
- Moda Health Connexus
- Moda Health Summit
- Moda Health Synergy Network
- PacificSource PSN
- PacificSource SmartChoice
- PacificSource SmartHealth Oregon Members
Providence Health System
- Providence PPO
Regence Health Plans
- Regence MyChoice NW
- Regence OR Preferred Provider Network
- Regence WA Preferred Provider Network
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsOhsu Hospitals And Clinics, 3181 SW Sam Jackson Park Rd, Portland, OR
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Chaim Vanek in this video.
Dr. Chaim Vanek is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Portland, OR.