The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer, including signs, symptoms & what happens to the body in each stage of cancer.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Alopecia Alopecia facts; different types of hair loss & what can cause it.
- Facelift Facts about facelifts, including the different types of procedures.
- Facial Wrinkles and Lines Find out what causes facial wrinkles and lines.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Lyme Disease Facts about lyme disease; where it’s found and stages of the disease
- Non-Healing Wounds Facts about non-healing wounds, including different types & causes.
- Psoriasis Learn about the symptoms of different types of psoriasis.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
About Dr. Chan Ma
Dr. Chan Ma, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Detroit, MI, with other offices in Warren, MI and Clinton Township, MI . He has 42 years of experience. His specialties include Pathology and Dermatopathology. Dr. Ma is affiliated with Henry Ford Hospital and Henry Ford Macomb Hospitals. He speaks English.
Dr. Chan Ma has the following 2 specialties
A pathologist is a physician who specializes in the causes and paths taken by different diseases in order to accurately diagnose an illness.
Pathologists diagnose and determine the characteristics of a disease through the study of biopsies of diseased tissue or of bodily fluids. For example, a pathologist will look at a biopsy of a skin lesion in order to diagnose or rule out skin cancer. A pathologist will also look at a Pap smear in order to check for a gynecological cancer like cancer of the uterus.
In addition to determining the cause and development of a disease, these specialists also study the changes a disease makes to a body and the consequences of those structural changes.
A dermatopathologist is an expert in both dermatology and pathology. They specialize in diseases related to the skin, but where a dermatologist would examine a potentially-cancerous mole by looking at it, a dermatopathologist would examine your skin cells in a lab, more like a pathologist.
Beyond just skin cancer, dermatopathologists also study a wide range of skin conditions, including everything from warts, moles, spider veins and herpes, to dermatitis, rashes, vitiligo and other conditions related to skin discoloration.
Dr. Chan Ma has the following 8 expertise
- Glandular Cancer (Adenocarcinoma)
- H. Pylori bacteria (Helicobacter Infections)
- Hepatocellular Carcinoma
- Liver Cancer
- Skin Cancer
- Stomach Cancer
Dr. Chan Ma has 2 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Chan Ma is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
There are no reviews for Dr. Chan Ma yet. Be the first to review this doctor!
Dr. Ma is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Henry Ford Hospital
Henry Ford Macomb Hospitals
42 Years Experience
National Taiwan University
Graduated in 1971
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions
Dr. Chan Ma is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Detroit, MI.