Get the facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Schizophrenia Facts about schizophrenia, including the different types.
- Tardive Dyskinesia Facts about Tardive Dyskinesia, including symptoms and treatment
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
About Dr. Chandra Weerasinghe
Dr. Chandra Weerasinghe, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Langhorne, PA, with other offices in Drexel Hill, PA and Media, PA (and 4 other locations). She has 43 years of experience. Her specialties include Psychiatry. Dr. Weerasinghe is affiliated with Crozer-Chester Medical Center, Main Line Hospital - Bryn Mawr and Taylor Hospital - Crozer Chester. She speaks English.
Dr. Chandra Weerasinghe has the following 1 specialty
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
Dr. Chandra Weerasinghe has the following 7 expertise
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
Dr. Chandra Weerasinghe has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 3 of 9
Dr. Weerasinghe is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Crozer-Chester Medical Center
Main Line Hospital - Bryn Mawr
Taylor Hospital - Crozer Chester
Main Line Hospital Lankenau
Bryn Mawr Rehabilitation Hospital
Main Line Hospital Paoli
Riddle Memorial Hospital
-Lankenau Hospital - On staff since 1999
-Paoli Hospital - On staff since 2001
Lankenau Medical Center
Lankenau Medical Center - On staff since
Bryn Mawr Hospital
-Bryn Mawr Hospital - On staff since 1989
43 Years Experience
University Of Colombo
Graduated in 1970
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Chandra Weerasinghe, MD - Psychiatry in Langhorne, PA, in this video.
Dr. Chandra Weerasinghe is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Langhorne, PA.