Get the facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Schizophrenia Facts about schizophrenia, including the different types.
- Tardive Dyskinesia Facts about Tardive Dyskinesia, including symptoms and treatment
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Chandramoules R Amara has the following 1 specialty
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
Dr. Chandramoules R Amara has the following 7 expertise
- Depressive Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
Dr. Chandramoules R Amara has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 1 of 1
He does not make an effort to do any followup on his patient, i.e as calling to see if a patient is taking his medication, which is very important if that patient has been diagnose with psychosis behavior and really need to be on his medication. He does not give the caregiver any assistance and keeping his patience in compliance with medicine. He is not a doctor that shows you he really care about his patient once that individual leaves the hospital. He does not know how to relate to the patient to provide the patient the importance on staying on medication. As a caregiver, this working with this doctor was like pulling teeth with the nova cane. I want to say more, but, can not describe the nightmare of me as caregiver with a love one who was noncompliance that had Dr. Amara that was not willing to give 100% to his patient when he was seeing him an outpatient.
41 Years Experience
Kakatiya Medical College
Graduated in 1977
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions9713 Colony Bluff Dr, Henrico, VA
Dr. Chandramoules R Amara is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Henrico, VA.