Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Chantal T Girod has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Chantal T Girod has the following 7 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
- Family Planning
Dr. Chantal T Girod has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Chantal T Girod is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 4 of 18
Dr. Girod has been my doctor for about 3 yrs. She has excellent bedside manner. She is very thorough and has even called me at home to check up on me. She takes her time during visits, asks if the patient has any other questions related to the visit or otherwise. I think she's great and hope she stays in my medical plan so I don't have to seek out another doctor like have been every few years.
Having had dozens of doctors care for my various ailments over the years, and having worked professionally with hundreds more, I have never met a more thorough, caring, tuned in physician than Dr. Girod. She takes whatever time is needed to answer all my questions, provides the latest data/research on my issues, exudes empathy and has the perfect "bedside" manner. One will not find a better primary care physician.
Beware. Went to this Dr. for a physical and to get established with a G.P. as I did not have one. Had all the stuff that a physical entails, and because she asked do you have any questions. (I had one small one) my visit was coded as a office visit instead of physical which is under "preventive care" SO i was billed for this visit when is should have been covered. Tried everything to get them to fix it and they would not. Beware don't ask any questions during your physical or it will not be billed as physical. I have since got a different dr.
30 Years Experience
University Of Iowa Roy J And Lucille A Carver College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1988
Dr. Chantal T Girod accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Unity Health Insurance
- Unity Health Ins Unity Network
- WPS Group
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Chantal T Girod, MD - Family Medicine in Rockford, IL, in this video.
Dr. Chantal T Girod is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Rockford, IL.